LegacyGT.com

The Official 'Home Bar' Thread!

jasejase

I keep on thinking about starting this thread, but it never comes to fruition. So, here's a half-assed start!

Post away your home bar pics, bar/booze lists, drink menus, home bar equipment, setups, recipes, and home bar related desires or thoughts. It doesn't have to be anything special. No intentional snobbery here!

Personally, I've been working on mine for the past few years (mostly the past year), and it's coming along pretty well. I wish it was a tad bigger, but it works for me. I'll post up some info soon.

Here's our bar. We finished the basement ourselves, and the bar is nestled in the corner. L shaped dry bar. 'Tin' ceiling. There's more stuff on the walls now.

Had a basement water damage issue last month, so I can't post pics from behind the bar now, but I will once it's updated.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/21/f28c798d35a0968010268313d8ebbcdb.jpg

Zoomed out....

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/21/50ae9512c325a1713c23e2e0fe91563a.jpg

Sometimes I take this old japanese coffee cup I've got, add 2 ice cubes from the freezer, and pour my (insert chosen hard A here. Usually whiskey or taquila) until the ice floats.

Ok, so sometimes I pour Pinnacle whipped cream vodka in my orange juice.

Tried it with root beer once too, but wasn't as good as imagined (wanted root beer float-ish taste...).

OH! I also pour 5:1 water:absinthe into a glass with a few teaspoons of sugar and louche it up.

That's about it for me. Otherwise/mostly beer.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

I'm your huckleberry.....at least I used to be before I had kids and had to stash my bar above my fridge to be all Respectable-like.

I don't drink Hard A much anymore, I'm just a beer guy now, but I still know how to make a crapton of drinks on command. Top-shelf Long Island, Grape Crush, Pink Lemonades, Malibu Wave, Watermelon/Melonball, all Foo-foo and absolutely delicious. I might be missing a mixer or two but I still have most of the ingredients to make them.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

Apparently I mix up Crystal Light and Ketel One in my coffee carafe when I am already hammered. That was an interesting one to wake up to later that morning.

:lol:

I actually enjoy making, sharing, and drinking a mint julep. Have only tried it with Gentlman Jack, but I am open for other(better?) bourbon suggestions.

It'll be neat to see people's setups and whatnot.

I've never made a mint julep, as I never have fresh mint. I do enjoy a well made mojito though, so I should try to keep some on hand for summer gatherings.

Mojitos are good as well even though I don't typically care for rum as much these days. I went out and bought a cheapo muddler just for making these drinks.

Apparently.... :lol:

I really don't recall that fiasco. Woke up later that morning after drinking with a buddy and I nearly shat myself when I saw the bottle of 151 sitting next to it. Luckily it was just vodka as the empty Ketel One bottle was sitting behind the still half full 151.

:lol:

...I wish it was a tad bigger, but it works for me...

Don't we all.

My next house I will definitely have a 'bar' area but for now it's just above the microwave. I've often thought of finding an old cool wooden cart and doing some wood work to make it a mobile drunken stash.

Sent from somewhere in Potatoland

Archived