LegacyGT.com

E/T on computer only has ---

shiggins

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, I think to disprove a scientific theory we need repeatable and verifiable evidence.

Also one occurrance is statistically insignificant...

in other words it doesn't matter.

But I doubt many people really understand any statistics that well. Judging from the "all Toyotas suck because mine fried its power steering pump at 30k miles" mentality that is rampant on all webforums.

• 3 weeks later...
But I doubt many people really understand any statistics that well. Judging from the "all Toyotas suck because mine fried its power steering pump at 30k miles" mentality that is rampant on all webforums.

emorphien smells like B/O - with a 95% confidence interval.

Outlier you say? Less variance than you think...:icon_tong

• 4 weeks later...

icehousewvu, any word from SOA on the E/T thing?...yes, i know i'm late to this thread, but i just noticed it this past weekend, and i couldnt figure out why sometimes the E/T function showed "---".

cut me some slack, i just picked up the car on 1/27...hehe

icehousewvu, any word from SOA on the E/T thing?...yes, i know i'm late to this thread, but i just noticed it this past weekend, and i couldnt figure out why sometimes the E/T function showed "---".

cut me some slack, i just picked up the car on 1/27...hehe

The accepted fix, by me anyway, is to simply pause between on and start when turning the key. I just wait for the gauges to sweep.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Same thing with me. When I first tested the car (tank was almost empty), the ET read "10km" left. Now, anything below 90km in the tank and I get a --. The most important time you need this reading is when you get down into the double digits, and the dealership is saying this is normal and will refuse to look into it :icon_mad: .

Same thing with me. When I first tested the car (tank was almost empty), the ET read "10km" left. Now, anything below 90km in the tank and I get a --. The most important time you need this reading is when you get down into the double digits, and the dealership is saying this is normal and will refuse to look into it :icon_mad: .

We're talking about the E/T (Elasped Time in minutes) reading and not the remaing distance to empty. My "tank til empty" reading goes as low as 10mi and then gives the -- because it doesn't resolve single digit readings

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I wonder... anyone with the '06 "feature" see if the problem goes away if we disable the sweep? Just curious..

I hope this pause-before-start "fixes" the problem on my '06 too... will try it tomorrow...

I don't even really consider it a 'problem' anymore. I've gotten so used to the fraction-of-a-second pause before turning the key to Start that I don't even think about it (and do the same thing in other cars that I drive!).

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Happens to me sometimes. Actually more then sometimes. All i do to fix the problem is to turn my car off, then back on again. After that, E/T always registers.

I sometimes dont really worry about it. I only like to see how long I have been traveling on road trips or something. Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Subaru has a fix for this now. I work for a "Travel Agent" and we have a subscription to "Vacation Pictures" and TSBs. They released a TSB (08-37-06) last Tuesday instructing to replace the display. February of 2006-->on production already has the updated display (with a VIN break point).

HTH someone

Steve

Subaru has a fix for this now. I work for a "Travel Agent" and we have a subscription to "Vacation Pictures" and TSBs. They released a TSB (08-37-06) last Tuesday instructing to replace the display. February of 2006-->on production already has the updated display (with a VIN break point).

HTH someone

Steve

Yes, the TSB is at http://www.thel7.com/TSB/08-37-06.pdf. Strange that it's a MY2006-only problem. Subaru apparently changed the logic in the display and issued a new part to fix the problem.

I have this same problem on my 06 OBXT. So is it worth it to have this fixed, or better (from a don't-go-into-my-dash perspective) to get used to the half-second delay when starting?

Hmm. I'm inclined to leave it alone - having a dealership rip into the dash is asking for trouble, and the 50 millisecond pause has become so natural to me that I do it in every car I drive.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Hmm. I'm inclined to leave it alone - having a dealership rip into the dash is asking for trouble, and the 50 millisecond pause has become so natural to me that I do it in every car I drive.

word

• 10 years later...

Archived