LegacyGT.com

Need advice for new exhaust!

Guest GT_05wagon

Guest GT_05wagon
Im a new owner of an 05 Gt wagon. have some exhaust leaks starting to show up and need to replace. most likely just a cat back will fix but i am contemplating doing a header back total overhaul. just curious what everyone opinion is on good brands to go with for a full on exhaust replacement.

Guest GT_05wagon
Thanks for the heads up. yeah im not looking to unload my bank account here lol. any suggestions on good brand to look into for a solid cat back?

I have a sedan...but if i were tomdo it again, i would have a reputable muffler shop make a custom one with flanges to make for easy removal etc...some magnaflow or borlas would sound great...but they can make it to your liking

Sent from outer space

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Guest GT_05wagon
I was thinking borla or magnaflow. In my searches I've also come across a brand called invidia. I've never heard of them. Anyone know of them? Have comments good or bad about them?

Guest GT_05wagon
Forgot to add to my last post. Also for about half he price there is a brand called obx. I can't find any sound clips or reviews. But it's literally half the cost of borla or magnaflo. Not sure if it's a piece of junk or a hidden gem.

This thread will be your friend CLICK ME

The "ebay" cat backs are nice for the price, but often have fitment issues and the mufflers are hollow so they are a bit louder than other exhausts. Some people will get the ebay one for $250, then have a muffler shop weld in an additional magnaflow in the mid-pipe to tone it down a bit. I'd also be careful of a louder exhaust with your wagon if it's your daily driver. You have a giant echo chamber behind you so I've heard it's much worse for you than the sedans.

I'm looking for a small company working out of n.j. Central section ,,I think south and west of Newark ,N.J.

I know they did exhaust systems ,repairs and modifications..

Something like ITG INSTALLS,IGT INSTALLS,,,,

Any info will be appreciated,,I believe they also raced their cars as well...

Archived