LegacyGT.com

Is the Legacy a head turner?

I find it funny how everyone is like, 'You got a Station Wagon! A family car. :lol:' That's most people's initial impressions. Only a few people really think it's a great idea. My old neighbor came over with their new little ones yesterday and while the females were inside talking, we went for a little drive and he got to look the car over. We both got in back too. With my normal driving position (I'm about 6'1") I was so comfortable in the back, PLENTY of room, my legs didn't even hit and feet were comfortable. Okay, that's my latest revelation. :)

I would say it gets a lot less attention compared to my WRX. Yet I have only had it for 300 miles so not much driving time. But I have seen a few people look at it, and some kids at a local gas station who allways hang out with their moddified imports noticed it and came over to get a second look. Once I put a few STI parts on it I am sure it will get a few more looks, but thats ok by me.

Guest *Jedimaster*
A lot less people looking to race. That's mostly because people in general outside of the Subaru community don't seem to know about them. I did get 2 funny looks- one from a guy in a Mercedes and one from a woman in a Volvo wagon (she actually went through an intersection with her head turned to see my car). They seemed to be confused as to what kind of car it was- in the car of the dude in the Merc, he seemed to be not liking the fact that I had turn signals in my mirrors.

tell you the truth....i noticed the legacy as a head turner....but only for people who kno about cars...my first day with the car 2 strangers commented on how great the car is at best buy....on a red light i constantly see people staring the car down....on the parkway some guy in a van, i'd say in his 30's 40's came up on the side of me....started waving me down...and gave me a thumbs up pointin at the car....God i love my car.

You know, I have to say that until recently (and I had it for three years) most people didn't really seem to have anu idea what my wrx was. Once in awhile somebody'd think it was cool. Initially I had people with Grand Am's and such wanting to race--either having no clue what it was or wanting to see just how fast it was. But in general, it was pretty low profile--cops didn't look twice. But just before I traded it I got a few comments from kids and such. I will say that while I was waiting for my car and they had it outside still at the dealership waiting to take it in for a final cleaning, a couple of high school aged looking kids came through and they walked all around it and were checking it out.

Interestingly I get lots of head turns, questions and thumbs up with my old 2.5RS. It's weird. It's 4 years old and I still notice ppl pulling next to me and strain their neck wondering if there ever was a 2dr WRX! I'm gonna/kinda miss the attention if I trade it in for a Legacy GT. But that's not a bad thing considering it would be nice to not be revved at on a daily basis! Not to mention unwantend attention from police!

[quote name='wunderkind']Interestingly I get lots of head turns, questions and thumbs up with my old 2.5RS. It's weird. It's 4 years old and I still notice ppl pulling next to me and strain their neck wondering if there ever was a 2dr WRX! [/quote] I've always liked the 2 door imprezas. The roof has a bit of a weird forward cant (the roof is wedged forward more than the body...) but it is a nice looking little car. Better than most other cars in it's class. That's one of the reasons I like the Legacy, as it really does look like a nicely done stretch job on a coupe. [quote name='jedimaster']They seemed to be confused as to what kind of car it was- in the car of the dude in the Merc, he seemed to be not liking the fact that I had turn signals in my mirrors.[/quote] I bet he was steamed!!! :lol: Good for you. ....Merc drivers thinking they are the only ones who should have mirror mounted signals, I wonder what they would think of the Scion TC. It is basically a ripoff of a C230 Kompressor coupe.... although, if I were to copy a side mirror design, It would be the one of the new M5 bmw. With signals in the fronts, and LED chevrons glowing through the mirrors toward the rear. I like giving other drivers every indication to know what I am about to do. And I like lights...

It gets a few looks, I think... only real obvious one I've experienced was some kids in my dad's neighborhood. They turned around and I heard one saying something about 'new subaru' as I drove by. Guess the commercials are working... or maybe he's just a subie fan?

Very little attention if at all. I don't think anyone on the road recognizes what I'm driving. I've even driven by other Subie owners including previous-gen Legacy/OBs and they don't even blink. I love being totally stealth. Ken

[quote name='Ken S']Very little attention if at all. I don't think anyone on the road recognizes what I'm driving. I've even driven by other Subie owners including previous-gen Legacy/OBs and they don't even blink. I love being totally stealth. Ken[/quote] I get much less attention then with my RX8.. I tell people its more go less show.. If that doesn't work...I give them a ride.. :evil:

I had a neighbor literally stop, get off his bike, and pace around it for like 5 minutes, and I get the occasional mouth-agape durrrr stare as I pass by other "sporty cars". My personal favorite was the guy in the modded WRX who looked elated to see a midsize turbo Subaru pass by him. I gave him a set of metal horns and dropped the throttle, his face lit up like he'd just seen the woman he was going to marry. Overall, though, not too much attention, but I don't really look for it either, so I might be getting more than I know of. I can slip right by cops, which is what I care most about anyway.

I got a thumbs up from a guy in a Taurus on my way home the day I picked up my car. At stop lights I usually notice people eyeing it up. I think the color kind of intrigues them along with the styling. Oh and when I fly past them I'm sure that gets their attention. :lol:

[quote]Interestingly I get lots of head turns, questions and thumbs up with my old 2.5RS. It's weird. It's 4 years old and I still notice ppl pulling next to me and strain their neck wondering if there ever was a 2dr WRX! I'm gonna/kinda miss the attention if I trade it in for a Legacy GT. But that's not a bad thing considering it would be nice to not be revved at on a daily basis! Not to mention unwantend attention from police! [/quote] yea my brothers(Subart(on forums)) 98' 2.5RS was probably the biggest head turning subaru i ever seen....i wish they still made the coupes.

[quote name='orpie_lightfoot']I've noticeda good amount of them here in Lafayette, but some are SIA execs and employees, and awareness of the cars is high around here.[/quote] I live about a mile from SOA headquarters, and all I've seen are Outbacks with Manufacturer tags. Legacy can't get no love. :)

It is a head turner for me because I rarely see them on the road and when I do it's always just a glimpse as it passes. I am on the constant look out for them when I'm on the road, its like...there's one and I get all excited and wish that I was driving one. I even followed one for a few kms just to get a good view of it. Hmmm Legacy/Liberty stalking :?: I just wish I could to see all colours lined next to each other in sunlight so I can decide my favourite. WRT Satin white, it does look special in the sun, gold flecks makes it look so pretty. I never liked white cars but this one is an exception :)

My RS got a TON of attention, lots of looks and lots of subie waves.... I miss that.... I think I get a lot of more of (what's that?) once I pass them. Until they see it up close or see the performance the Legacys just dont stand out. People are surprised later on... even my dad said "This is a Subaru?" (GT ltd, black w/taupe interior, tinted windows)

It turns my head. I don't think I'm getting much attention although I should be getting some as red wagons (V70, 9-5, Mazada 6 SportWagon, A4 Avant, ...) are a rare thing and given that the Legacy is brand new model and combined with the fact that the wagon is a beautiful car. I guess it's a genuine sleeper which is a good thing.

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

Archived