LegacyGT.com

Frustration withh Romraider-Need help!

Markbo

I am so frustrated tuning this car I could just sell it. I have swapped O2 sensors, got the serial to USB connection from Inoovative, bought an LC-2 because I thought the LC-1 must be malfunctioning and have messed with it and messed with it until finally I figured it just has to be my old POS laptop. So I went out and bought a new laptop!

Downloaded Logworks, LM Programmer and Romraider and I still can't get it to work. Romraider keeps telling me that the ECU and cars definitions are not downloaded, but they are! I have downloaded everything from Romraiders website and it is all there. Can anyone help me figure out where I am going wrong please???

This has been going on for months and I am at my wits end.

Did that. Little menu pops up tbat you populate. Hit apply and save and nothing happens. FWIW I have doubke and triple checked every connection, including voltage testing the wiring. Everything is hooked up correctly

Take a second and check a few things eh? Download the little Learning View application from the Romraider forum, check that can connect with your ECU. That proves that your laptop can see the OP2 module and that the OP2 can communicate with the ECU. If this isn't working, no way will RR Logger work.

Next up, have you installed Ecuflash and confirmed that works? Without Ecuflash you are not downloading or flashing anything to your ECU so at that point RR is only of use as a logger.

Make sure Romraider's definition manager is pointed at a definition file with an .xml file extension, not a folder, a .zip file or something else, most people using off-the-shelf definitions will be using a file named 'ecu_defs.xml'.

FWIW, I only use RR for it's logger. I do all map editing in Ecuflash since the definitions are much better developed than for RR.

Nabisco is the joke term for NASIOC.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I have used LC-1 and trying lc-2 only as loggers in RR and Cryotune service. Obviously havent installed any cryotune in a long time while trouble shooting various things. I will double check the items you mention to make sure they are all running and working and get back soon

OK. New Laptop, new Windows. Downloaded LV and had to download Wondows netscape 3.5 (?) For it to work. Conneced and got 3 errors:

ECU ID 83f953Fa53 not found. Your ECU is not currently supported. See status log for details.

Learning View may still be able to read the current ignition advance multiplier (IAM) for this ECU. Do you want to attempt to read the IAM?

When I hit Yes I got this:

ECU Init request failed. Make sure a compatible cable is connected, correct COM is chosen, and correct drivers are installed. See status log for details.

I am sure all those things are correct and have no idea where the status log is.

Still baffled

^^^ What defs do you change on ecuflash compared to rr? There don't appear to be that many more defs.

There are a huge number of tables defined that aren't in RR, and ROMs defined that RR doesn't. Have a look at alpha definitions on GitHub.

Sent from some electronic device.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

OK. New Laptop, new Windows. Downloaded LV and had to download Wondows netscape 3.5 (?) For it to work. Conneced and got 3 errors:

ECU ID 83f953Fa53 not found. Your ECU is not currently supported. See status log for details.

Learning View may still be able to read the current ignition advance multiplier (IAM) for this ECU. Do you want to attempt to read the IAM?

When I hit Yes I got this:

ECU Init request failed. Make sure a compatible cable is connected, correct COM is chosen, and correct drivers are installed. See status log for details.

I am sure all those things are correct and have no idea where the status log is.

Still baffled

I think you mean the .net framework? Yes, you need that.

Was the car previously tuned by ECUtek or is still married to an Accessport?

Funny thing is, your ECU ID doesn't turn up any search results. The really common ROM for an '05 LGT has an ECU ID of 2F12785606. Well, the good news is that without a connection you wouldn't have even gotten the ID number.

Could someone more familiar with the '05 flash process step in here? I can't remember if this car needs the diagnostic test connectors hooked up or not, in order to read the ROM off.

You need to connect those to read the ROM off the car with Ecuflash. I'd like to see the ROM on your car for a better of what's going on, and whether or not you can read it will also tell us a lot.

I don't know how to do a screen shot on this new LapTop/Windows 10, but imagine all the parameters inserted and just zeros... nothing. Nothing at all. And again - if it matters - I am not trying to flash anything. I am just trying to Log with RomRaider to send data to Cryotune.

Perhaps you should contact Dave for help if he's tuning your car.

05 LGT here, if you want to download your current rom you need to put the car in test mode (green connector connected). To upload you still need the connectors to be connected too.

It's really not that hard, but I'll admit it's not intuitive either. Just take a breather, get calm, then take a hack at it again. When your frustrated your brain doesn't want to see the obvious things. :)

^^^ What defs do you change on ecuflash compared to rr? There don't appear to be that many more defs.

Newer cars are available in ECU flash (2010+), also newer tables for even my 05 LGT (Like fuel pump duty, rear o2 compensation disable, CL to OL maximum grams/s). Plus ECU flash is much faster and easier to mod the config files.

Romraider uses one giant file for all cars, which makes it a bear to upkeep. They were planning on going the ECU flash style definitions but looks like that project died.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

OK, brought my laptop with me to work and had time during lunch. Connected green connectors together, opened up RomRaider and hit ECU Definitions. Got a pop up "ECU Definitions" which I had already populated ECU and car XML files.

Checked each one, hit apply ... let it sit for a while, then hit save. Rebooted RR. Nothing. No change. No readings whatsoever AND my CEL is blinking fast. No Cruise Control, just CEL.

Archived