LegacyGT.com

Frustration withh Romraider-Need help!

Markbo

Once the laptop starts to read the ecu in that sequence the car will cease to cycle fans etc "test mode" and ER HC will come up on the dash if I remember right.

I used a tactrix, I have never used an LC1 or 2 cable, looking at it online im not sure how exactly that is supposed to connect to the ECU.

Apologies if I am being stupid.

JDK is Java Development Kit. It is used if you are coding anything in Java. You likely have JRE (Java Runtime Environment) installed, as is required.

In Add/Remove Programs in Windows it will list Java as 32 or 64 bit. You can't use some parts of RomRaider if you do not have 32-bit Java installed. And it won't run if you have any 64-bit Java installed for some reason (poor coding in my opinion to not check for a 32-bit Java?).

I have not read the whole thread, but if your end goal is to monitor and log what is going with your car, you can simply use the following tool below. Very practical, accurate and has fast refresh rate as romraider. Plus can't beat the convenience as it runs on your phone (android only for the moment though).

--->see http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-229709.html

One possible solution is to create a shortcut that launches romraider specifically with 32-bit java. This way, it doesn't matter if you also have 64-bit java.

Your shortcut should have a "Target" like the one below. You will need to change this though to reflect the directory your copy of java resides in, but it must be within c:\program files (x86)

Target:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_51\bin\javaw.exe" -jar RomRaider.jar -logger

Start in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\RomRaider"

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

OK, brought my laptop with me to work and had time during lunch. Connected green connectors together, opened up RomRaider and hit ECU Definitions. Got a pop up "ECU Definitions" which I had already populated ECU and car XML files.

Checked each one, hit apply ... let it sit for a while, then hit save. Rebooted RR. Nothing. No change. No readings whatsoever AND my CEL is blinking fast. No Cruise Control, just CEL.

You do not need to connect the green test connectors for just logging. The connectors are needed for downloading or uploading tune or sensor diagnostics only.

Having the test connectors connected will give you weird data, and car will not be too drivable.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Archived