LegacyGT.com

Navigation Install (OEM)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pictures! Interesting how it's mounted with the antenna facing down, oh well - that's how I'll mount it!

About the roof antenna - Also noticed that for 2016 they changed the roof antenna to a "shark fin" style since it has the added telematics. The 2016 antenna is about $50 painted as opposed to $30 for the 2015 antenna.

Looks cool though, wonder if that could be switched out easily too (and just not use the telematics plug since I don't have it)

Thanks for the pictures! Interesting how it's mounted with the antenna facing down, oh well - that's how I'll mount it!

Are you sure? It's mounted with the GPS module (black box) topside, with the white mount (ledge) pointed towards the driver.

It's mounted with the GPS module (black box) topside, with the white mount (ledge) pointed towards the driver.

Yep. The black box probably houses the GPS antenna and LNB, while the "shelf" not only functions as a mounting surface but also as a ground plane.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Actually all limited trim even the ones without eyesight come with nav.

Not the "base" limited with key start and no moonroof. Pkg #21.

Pkg. #22 gets you push to start, nav, moonroof

Pkg. #23 adds EyeSight on top of #22

Didn't know about the pkg #21. What an odd package.

It's just an explicit code for the Limited trim level with no factory options. FWIW, the corresponding codes for Base and Premium trims with no factory options are 01 and 11 respectively.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

So - tonight I took out the 7" Radio and installed the 7" Nav unit - A couple of issues....

The Nav is easy to install, all the plugs on the backside fit in great (with the addition of the GPS antenna). The Nav booted up fine, everything looked good until on the top it said "audio off" in green and then disappeared. I checked the map, everything worked fine and it found GPS signal fast, directions came up on the display by the speedo as well.

Issues - When I tried to tune a radio station, it worked but was very quiet, turning up the volume on the unit itself of the steering wheel control, nothing happened. Then going into the audio settings, it wouldn't let me adjust anything....

Also noticed that there is an un-used port on the 7" Radio (circled in red) - anyone know what it's for?

So.... any ideas what's wrong ? I checked the connections and everything seemed fine.

Nav working fine -

Untitled by AustinB747, on Flickr[/img]

Anyone know what this port is for ? https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1606/24737191666_f947d9072a_c.jpg' alt='24737191666_f947d9072a_c.jpg'>Untitled by AustinB747, on Flickr[/img]

Edited by AirBorne1Cav

Agh there's got to be a way around this, I don't want to give up!

I don't see a different part # for the Nav units (if there was a Nav for HK & non HK cars).

Does anyone know how to do a "hard" reset the Nav unit? I noticed this one still had Sirius XM channels saved, and when I plugged mine back in, it still had my favorite FM channels saved....

Edited by AirBorne1Cav

You are missing the Harman Kardon amp?

Based on the picture showing the three "tone controls" rather than an equalizer, the head unit definitely appears to be out of a Limited.

spacer.png

Based on the picture showing the three "tone controls" rather than an equalizer, the head unit definitely appears to be out of a Limited.

It is out of a limited, just ran the VIN. Same part# for the Nav if it's in a limited or Premium though, so I would guess that it's something software related, ie. radio programed for HK vs Standard radio system... So there should be a way to change the software from the HK program to the standard audio?

Thoughts ?

Edited by AirBorne1Cav

It is out of a limited, just ran the VIN. Same part# for the Nav if it's in a limited or Premium though, so I would guess that it's something software related, ie. radio programed for HK vs Standard radio system... So there should be a way to change the software from the HK program to the standard audio?

Thoughts ?

Yeah that's not going to happen. Easier to get the HK amp. This is not a computer, and even then is like hacking the bios, which yes I am aware can be done, but not for a car's radio. I am sure the electronics are the sifferenr between models.

Good luck.

---

Yeah that's not going to happen. Easier to get the HK amp. This is not a computer, and even then is like hacking the bios, which yes I am aware can be done, but not for a car's radio. I am sure the electronics are the sifferenr between models.

Good luck.

Thanks man,

My only hope is that the dealer can install the firmware for a Nav unit without the HK sound system (have no intention or capability of hacking it myself). I'll be taking a trip in tomorrow to see what can be done.

Being optimistic, but hoping they can reset the unit, install the correct firmware and all is good. IF not..... :(