LegacyGT.com

Navigation Install (OEM)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah good try, you are not out yet, sell it and get a premium or get the HK amp. I think it is easier to get the right radio. Good thing the dealership was willing to look at it. Here they would laugh at me if I came with something like that. They can barely do maintenance and warranty work.
---

Yeah, going to sell it! Turns out there is a small part# change depending on if it's in a Premium or Limited (Limited Nav is 86271AL66A and Premium is 86271AL64A). Just bought a used NAV off a premium (part 86271AL64A) and will install it tomorrow.

Yeah, I was surprised the dealer was that nice and didn't even charge me for it. It was Tacoma Subaru in case anyones wondering.

Also made a quick video on how to take out the radio / nav... since I've done it like 3-4 times ha ha, It's really easy.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this video! I've been searching on how to replace my regular display in my limited to one with navigation. Is there a tutorial or video on how to install the GPS antenna? Somewhere on this forum I saw a picture of the antenna which was behind the speedometer....is this able to be placed when the display is out or does more of the dash have to be removed?

And where did you buy those plastic pry bar pieces? Those are sweet.

Thanks

Edited by Mrmojorisin

I love this video! I've been searching on how to replace my regular display in my limited to one with navigation. Is there a tutorial or video on how to install the GPS antenna? Somewhere on this forum I saw a picture of the antenna which was behind the speedometer....is this able to be placed when the display is out or does more of the dash have to be removed?

And where did you buy those plastic pry bar pieces? Those are sweet.

Thanks

If you have a limited, all you need to do is buy a GPS antenna and a Nav unit off a limited. GPS part# is 86277AL60A and the Nav part you need is #86271AL66A.

As for the GPS antenna, it would be pretty labor intensive installing it in the OEM location. I just used double sided 3M tape and installed it behind the radio, reception is great and haven't had an issue.

GPS antenna cost about $60 and a used Nav will run you $500 - $600. Trim tools are off of Amazon, I paid something like $5, they work great.

I have the Nav unit you need for sale coincidentally, send me a PM if you want more info.

Would love to know if it worked? I am in the same boat need to list a 8627al66a and find a 8627al64a but would love to know it works first and besides for the gps if I need to do anything else.

Care to explain a little more ? I understand that you need to list / sell a Limited Nav, and buy a Premium Nav? If you have a premium or limited, all you need is the NAV unit and the GPS antenna.

Care to explain a little more ? I understand that you need to list / sell a Limited Nav, and buy a Premium Nav? If you have a premium or limited, all you need is the NAV unit and the GPS antenna.

Has to do with the HK sound system: you need the right system to interface with the sound system.

---

Short version is the wife has a 2015 premium and the only feature she didnt get but wants is nav. Does not want aftermarket and i picked up a limited version radio originally so now I am now looking for the 64a radio. I just wanted to confirm it worked for you once you installed the correct radio and if any of the features are not working?

Thanks

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes they do-- Does the factory nav unit in 2015 or 2016 have turn indicators by the gauges. Ask your dealer if they can install it if they say yes you know it is possible. I would be willing to bet it involves more than plug play. Probably have to have your BCM programed and maybe more.

I have been told the HK non nav to nav is a plug and play upgrade, just not sure about the non HK system that come with the premium and local Dealer is a joke. It will be worth the $300 to find out at this point and if it works it will score me browny points with the wife.

If you have a limited, all you need to do is buy a GPS antenna and a Nav unit off a limited. GPS part# is 86277AL60A and the Nav part you need is #86271AL66A.

This sounds great. Gives me more reason to upgrade to an android auto headunit and then swap my 16 limited navigation into my wife's 15 limited outback.

GOod news is the radio showed up today, bad new is they sent me the wrong radio 86201al641. BLah bla balh not sure I am going to be able to get this done as I can't find a radio

Sucks man, I ran into a similar problem a while ago. Called up the salvage yard, was told they had the Nav model waiting for me. I drive an hour down there and they hand me a base model radio :spin::spin::spin: Looks like the only places I can find that will sell the NAV are wanting $800 - $1200. A NEW one from Subaru is $1200!

Almost makes you wonder if it was just worth getting the package and avoid this whole headache. Even came with a free sunroof and push button start, too. :hide:

Rest assured guys I barely even use my nav, it's more of a headache than it's worth having to be stopped to use it... (Have to wait until I'm at a redlight to let my girlfriend in the passenger's seat enter an address..)

GOod news is the radio showed up today, bad new is they sent me the wrong radio 86201al641. BLah bla balh not sure I am going to be able to get this done as I can't find a radio

Is that the limited model? So they didn't have the premium model?

---