LegacyGT.com

Help something bad happend!

im thinking about trying to make a smoke tester myself out of an old fog machine so I don't have to keep taking it to the shop to test anyone do something like that to test boost leak/vacuum leak before on here or have any other ideas?

I seen other methods with PVC pipe end and a valve to pressurize the system and listen for leaks. Seems like half the sites are blocked from this computer. YouTube may also work out for a visual search. Just out of curiosity, you was going to hook the fog machine up to the turbo inlet pretty much?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
im thinking about trying to make a smoke tester myself out of an old fog machine so I don't have to keep taking it to the shop to test anyone do something like that to test boost leak/vacuum leak before on here or have any other ideas?

This doesn't work, I've tried. When you force the fog machine smoke into a small confined area or any area that pressurizes it at all it turns back into liquid. You end up with liquid in your intake and no smoke. It just doesn't work.

You can make your own with baby oil and a glow plug if you want to go that route. Should be some instructions / DIYs out there on the web.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Or use a pint size paint can to plug the hose off the air filter box. Turn the pressure down on your air compressor. Pull the small hose off the BOV, give it a quick blast of air, put your thumb over the hose, listen for leaks.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived