LegacyGT.com

Help something bad happend!

That's not good. "wheels were destroyed"

Make sure you have in-line oil filter before the turbo.

IMO that engine needs a complete rebuild to be safe. Chunks of metal is worse then a few flakes. I know you don't want to hear that.

Where did all the pieces of the compressor wheel go ?

Good Luck if your going to start the engine again. I'm sure you'll be back in a few month's looking for advice on which short block to get and where to buy heads.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tuner could only get about 12 psi and 220 hp out of the car yesterday. I had to order a HALLMAN PRO BOOST CONTROLLER KIT so he could control the waist gate. car runs fine now I can drive it but he only charged me for a half tune since he couldn't do much. ordered the boost controller. car should push around 20-21 psi and have around 350 hp by this time next week.

we found out today why the car wasn't getting any boost. we ran a boost test with a smoke machine and im pouring smoke out of my stock tmic. if any of you know somebody selling a tmic or a fmic cheap please lmk. ask of now im stuck at a stand still until I get the leak fixed I was also leaking out of the mass air flow sensor on the intake. prob just needs a new gasket. but the amount of smoke I seen comming out of the tmic was like walking into a vape shop during a competition. do you think that could be why my turbo blew in the first place. the car had a tune on it. when the tmic cracked the turbo still ran at high levels and prob kept spooling with no pressure. any thoughts?

so far my goodies on this car will be vf52 with gerret billet kit, 850cc injectors,dw65c fuel pump, hks boost controller,fms fmic, hks ssbov, factory svt upgraded exhaust and intake. cobb v3 ap with custom tune and waiting to finish the tune after boost leak issue is fixed.

I'm getting p0456 and I seen a leak coming from the bob, inter poker, and the maf sensor. I bought a fmic that should fix the intercooler leak. The fm comes with a hks ssbov. So I'm hoping that will stop the leak but may not I need some input. And for the maf im kind of lost with that too. Does it need an oring or should I purchase a new sensor. Trying to stay cheap but effective. I'm pretty sure that if I get all of these leaks fixed that will solve my boost issue and the tuner can tune the car properly. Maybe a link or two for any oring / gasket needed. New hose for the bov I dunno you guys are the pros I'm just taking what you give me and doing what has to be done.

I just got off the phone with subaru they said they don't sell the oring they only sell the whole maf sensor for almost $300 f that im not waisting $ for a $2 oring. im thinking about going to advanced or maybe a hardware store and taking my maf sensor off and match up the oring myself. any idea on the bov leak. im gonna put the new one one this weekend but im not sure if the leak is comming from the hose or from the bov itself.

im thinking about trying to make a smoke tester myself out of an old fog machine so I don't have to keep taking it to the shop to test anyone do something like that to test boost leak/vacuum leak before on here or have any other ideas?

Archived