LegacyGT.com

Elegua's Badass BR9 Wagon

I should point out that they work great on the cars that make less power, weigh less and perhaps use less sticky tires ;)

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea what the brand is, but they are supplier for a major brand(s).

Stock died at stage 1. The stiffer ones died at Stg 2 and again at Stg 3. Let's see how long they last this time.

You tried poly didn't you? I recall you couldn't stand them.

I have no idea what the brand is, but they are supplier for a major brand

They're Hardrace copies of the GrpN items. I had some Powerflex poly ones on my GH8 for a week or three. Hated the NVH. I liked the extra caster but the steering pump hated it. Been on the Hardrace rubber items for 3 years or so now.

Edited by fahr_side
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

I have been putting off doing the bushings forever. Fred were you happy with the whiteline solution?

I was for the one year I drove the car after install. Having a 1/2 degree more caster was nice too.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 1 month later...

Need a bit more rubber, so I'm changing my rims from 18-8J Enkei Tuning SC24's to 18-8.5J Rays 57extreme SP spec.

25243697715_b8bf0a26ea_c.jpg

Looks are similar, but I lose about 1kg of unsprung weight per corner and with the half inch of width I can fit STi spec tires.

Edited by Elegua

What size tire are you going to run with the new wheels?

Good choice of wheels. I have 19x9.5 57xtremes. I'm running a 275 tire so you could go wider...hint hint.

That's a huge set up!

I just stretched my 225 RE-11s, still a standard width on that tire, and I still have another set of the same spec RE-11s to get through. After that 245/40-18 is probably the largest I'm going to run.

I had to take a quarter turn off the damping and I'm still testing - these things are light.

• 1 month later...
I've gotten a hold of a broken 5EAT. Somehow people are breaking these on stock power.

The plan is to re-build the friction kit and then turn up the wick a bit.

they are breaking them with stock power and you are pushing how much?

Subbed hard keep up the good work.

they are breaking them with stock power and you are pushing how much?

Subbed hard keep up the good work.

50 kgm from 4k and dropping a bit as we get near redline. We knew from our stg3 set-up the tranny could take 50 kgm without slipping with adjusting RT/CT in the ECU, so we adopted a flat torque curve t00ning strategy with that as the peak. The engine could probably do some more, but we're not confident of the transmission. Who knows? I've got 10k km and two 25l barrels of meths on it so far, but it could inadvertently and spontaneously disassemble tomorrow. How much more can I get? Don't know either - ergo a spare.

Well, some of these owners could break about anything. The stock 5EAT is set for long, smooth shifts which is not conducive to longevity at high torque.

Need a bit more rubber, so I'm changing my rims from 18-8J Enkei Tuning SC24's to 18-8.5J Rays 57extreme SP spec.

25243697715_b8bf0a26ea_c.jpg

Looks are similar, but I lose about 1kg of unsprung weight per corner and with the half inch of width I can fit STi spec tires.

Those are my favourite Rays and I hate that my work computer wont let me see the images of this amazing thread! :mad::spin:

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks! Looks like I will probably need those bushings!

Actually...if you'd only ever build a valve kit for the 5th gen 5EAT...

PM replied. Sorry for the delay.

I would love to say I have a valve body for the 5th gen, but I'm afraid not. I've since learned to stop over promising about what is possible in the future. All I can do is what I can do, and it's a lot more complicated to figure certain things out than I ever thought.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

PM replied. Sorry for the delay.

I would love to say I have a valve body for the 5th gen, but I'm afraid not. I've since learned to stop over promising about what is possible in the future. All I can do is what I can do, and it's a lot more complicated to figure certain things out than I ever thought.

Oh, no worries. There's not enough 5th Gen Leggies with 5EATs to ever be worth your while to develop it and most of us are retards that couldn't appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Ok, thanks to ClimberD, the center-diff bushing have arrived and the next step of the journey will commence soon.

I bought a used and broken 5EAT and had it re-built with a new friction kit. The tranny guys say it's in good shape. Now that the bushings for the center-diff have arrived, we'll install those as well. TGVs will come out as well.

The plan is to replace the current transmission, that we know works on the current tune, with the new one, and see if the new tranny can take the current tune. If it's smooth sailing then we'll slowly turn up the boost. If things go tits-up instead, then the old tranny goes back in.

Moar boost Captain!

Sent from a device using some software.

• 2 months later...

Ok, plans change. I need to move countries and sell my Legacy. The local market is not into highly modded cars and I may need to take the car back to stock.

Would anyone be interested in a well developed and tested kit of my mods?

- Custom SS 4 into 1 header with TiAL 45mm EWG

- 200 cell metal substrate cat, 70mm dump pipe to stock mid-pipe flange

- EWG plumbed back into dump pipe

- EFR7163 turbo with .85 a/r v-band

- FMIC and all piping (powder coated black), brackets, hose clamps and silicon hoses (black)

- Blitz intake with carbon snorkus

- Remote oil filter kit (turbo occupies original oil filter location)

- Oil cooler with brackets to locate in stock TMIC location (Canadians might be interested in the tranny cooler which also locates at the stock TMIC location.

- High quality braided lines for turbo with heat shields included.

- Adapter to attach stock oil pan to turbo.

Basically everything you need to plug and play would be included. Expect 350-360whp with meth on stock internals and cams, over 400 with built engine and STi cams. Spools like my 18g. Very responsive.

Optional:

- snow meth kit with custom 30l alu in-trunk meth tank with baffles and