LegacyGT.com

Newsflash : I Ordered it...

gfxdave99

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IT DOESNT WORK...

Well at least as a plug and play solution..

Okay lets start with the bad news, plug it in, no lights, no nothing. However I think there is a still hope.

The reason i say that is because since it didnt even light up im thinking that while the connector is the same, the order of the wires are not. Because I should at the very least had the night illumination light up when i turned the lights on and i didnt even get that. Does anybody have access to the JDM/AU/Non US service manual? What id like to do is find out what are the main pos/neg and just give it juice to see if it lights up on juice alone, if it does then im thinking theres still hope.

Oh and one more thing to ABSOLUTLY confirm that this is nothing but a dummy panel, I had my A/C on before i pulled my stereo out.. with NOTHING connected to the plug the A/C came back on exactly where it was fan speed and all and when i plugged back in the USDM controller all the settings were the same..

Theres some other interesting things which i will post in a sec.. but i just wanted to give the sad news..

Unfortunetly, a different rev could be a spin off of a basic design (i.e. single vs. dual climate controls). Not sure though.

We need the service manual from a single climate control market, I agree. This should be the #1 priority. There may be another box we need to replace. This box may be the interface between the ACC and the actual vent actuators.

Gotta get that service manual...

Great work so far... you are a true trail blazer!

IT DOESNT WORK...

Oh and one more thing to ABSOLUTLY confirm that this is nothing but a dummy panel, I had my A/C on before i pulled my stereo out.. with NOTHING connected to the plug the A/C came back on exactly where it was fan speed and all and when i plugged back in the USDM controller all the settings were the same..

We need the foreign service manuals to get the vent controller part #.

I am guessing we need the foreign vent controller and the foreign cable from the vent controller to the ACC. Hopefully the vent controller is standard across all markets and when wired properly it will recognise the single climate control.

Anybody know where to get the foreign service manuals? Anybody? Aussies? Hook a yankee uP!

if these are dummie displays and jsut a control pannel and no brain. it should be fairly simple. and if the the us plug plugs into the jdm unit. it should only take a rearanging of the wires

If they moved the power to another pin, then the board might already be fried due to current going in at the wrong place.

I hope not, but it is possible. Depending on the voltage, we may be ok.

Usually 5V and below will be ok. Of course this all depends on the connections. :confused:

Now, let's assume the ACC is network centric. On power-up the ECU or whatever controls the ACC initializes and may set certain parameters.

If the power/general pin-out between the single and dual climate ACC's are the same I would connect the single ACC, then disconnect the negative battery terminal.. maybe upon power up the new ACC will be recognised?

We need the foreign service manual.. ARR

Oh yea...we already knew this wasn't going to be just plug and play. The 8pin connector for the ACC doesn't carry power for the dual ACC unit, the radio harness powers up the whole thing. You're currently using only using 5/8 pins. If you only plug that 8 pin into your dual ACC it won't power on either... +1 for needing the foreign service manual. I bet you just need power...1 in 3 chance of getting it right :lol:
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I bet you just need power...1 in 3 chance of getting it right :lol:

Then you just need to find an ic nearest the connector, go look up the pin map, and trace the power pin back to the connector.

Oh yea...we already knew this wasn't going to be just plug and play. The 8pin connector for the ACC doesn't carry power for the dual ACC unit, the radio harness powers up the whole thing. You're currently using only using 5/8 pins. If you only plug that 8 pin into your dual ACC it won't power on either... +1 for needing the foreign service manual. I bet you just need power...1 in 3 chance of getting it right :lol:

You have a good point. Good on many but two important levels, the first is that theres no chance of me frying the jdm module because i didnt give it any power. And the 2nd is.. duh its not going to plug in and work. Maybe one of our overseas pals could at least get me a picture of what the connector looks like on the wires side, at least then we can get an idea which the power should go to.

I'm far from giving up.. but i am close to writing a spiteful hatemail to SOA ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Did some digging and remembered one of our guys from oz had some pix

attachment.php?attachmentid=7796

This is a AUDM LGT

I can see there are most def a few more wires going to their connector then ours... I also find it interesting that the plastic behind the stereo with the #4 sticker on it is white in his car where its black in mine.

I am no electronics genius by any stretch, but if i took my voltmeter and did a continuity check on all the various pins on the back of the jdm unit wouldnt that be a safe way of isolating the power pins.. of course i suppose that even if i found continuity i wouldnt be for sure which was pos/neg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Ok...I am not too sure right now because I just noticed this post, but I will try to look over it tomorrow and see if I can't figure something out. I have the extra radio here so I can always follows some traces and see if they are labeled or something. But I haven't looked at the ACC stuff at all so I will have to start at the beginning.

Here is the location of the Auto A/C control module. You might be able to get some answers from that???

We need to find out if there are different control modules for different markets. Is the number in the bottom right of the box the picture number or is that the part number?

If there are two A/C controllers we need to confirm the connector to the vent actuators is standard across markets. I don't see why the actuator interface would be different... it seems a logical to keep the actuator controls standard and then change the A/C controller and ACC to add the dual zone feature.. but who knows.

Anybody know a japanese dealer that will look into this for us??

If the actuators are the same, why wouldn't they use the same harness? That way they could control each individually (thus having 2 harness like on our system?). But since that is a single auto control, you may lose the second control unless maybe you are able to add a second one somewhere else in the car?

http://www.stimpco.com/coppermine/albums/cars/lgtstereo/normal_Stereo-12.jpg

I think that piece of engineering marvel is covering where the steering wheel mounted control would be or maybe satellite...There is a solderable connection there with thruhole points, but the I/C and other SMT parts are missing.

Not sure. I think we should concentrate on comparing the japanese and/or Aussie A/C controller to the US A/C controller. Hopefully the connector(s) that interface with the rest of the car are standard across market platforms.

The connector on the US A/C controller seems to be different from the Japanese ACC.

Hopefully the number of vent actuators behind the dash are the same for both US and foreign markets, that way the interface from the A/C controller might be standard. Then, we could just replace the A/C controller, cable from A/C controller to ACC, and the ACC.

We need a foreign service manual! Arr

http://www.stimpco.com/coppermine/albums/cars/lgtstereo/normal_Stereo-12.jpg

I think that piece of engineering marvel is covering where the steering wheel mounted control would be or maybe satellite...There is a solderable connection there with thruhole points, but the I/C and other SMT parts are missing.

I can confirm the covering is not for steering wheel controls (those are pins 3/7 on i85 8pin harness with the subwoofer connector). I think maybe they were thinking of a CD changer option in a later MY.

what is the website where you can buy the tech manuals from?

techinfo.subaru.com?

wonder if there is an aussie sister site?

Good call.. I'll check my paperwork that came with the car and try it tonight.

WI-118 wiring only shows one 8 pin connector at i88 (same as my AUSDM single zone connector), and looks like a dual zone when Wi-119 shows separate actuators on driver and pax side. Earlier pages show manual A/C, but no sign of single zone. These wiring pages came from techinfo site, so looks like it only shows USDM layout.

I've also bought the faceplate from AVOturboworld and am waiting for it. I have a 2.5i and hope to be the first "i" to do this mod. Hopefully, once all of this technical talk settles in my brain, I'll be able to use the info to install it. Even if I end up just using the top part of the faceplate and bracket to install my Alpine I'll still be happy, I'll just sell the HVAC part if it's just not possible to install. Keep up the research guys we're all counting on you!

Archived