LegacyGT.com

Newsflash : I Ordered it...

gfxdave99

Hi Guys,

I asked our local dealer spares section about service manuals for our Liberty (Legacy) and the news wasn't good.... He said that Subaru send them the manuals on CD each time the model year changes (he hasn't seen the 06 ones arrive yet) and he says that Subaru Australia won't sell them to anyone other than a Subaru dealer anyway.

I wanted to trace the radio mute circut on the Mcintosh stereos in mine and my wife's Libertys so that I could connect up the mute line on our hands free car kits so that the radio would mute on a phone call. Her Liberty has a mute button on the steering wheel so there has to be a mute pin and/or wire someplace, I just need to find it.

If I could have bought the Cd's I would have sent you guys in the US the info you needed, I understand digital electronics reasonably well. One problem over here is that all our GTs come with the Mcintosh stereo as standard, so our dashboard electronics will be different because of the different audio systems fitted.

RedRobin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he was there mr i got chrome wheels:lol:

Umm I wasnt talking about the tuesday tuner meet that i sadly had to miss due to work.. I was talking about no-show saturday ;)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

has, anyone asked paul...i..e. mr. apexjapan if he could be of any assistance. He seems like a knowledgeable enthusiaist, who has taken his car apart once or twice.

Yes he has been looking for me but no luck as of yet.. Grr i just need some austrailian vacation pictures damnit!!!

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I really cant belive we cant get this part for the us models. I e-mailed SOA (I'm sure I'm not the first) & they told me they have no plans to make this part. I basically told them if they wont do it someone will. Unfortunately I dont think that's gonna be the case. I don't understand why not. It's not like we have the option to buy these cars without the factory radio anyways. If anything it'll make them money, not cost them anything. GOD I want this part so bad. I'm holding out before I just bite the bullet & put a new headunit in the cubby. The 2 radio thing will piss me off a little. I guess I could do the cubby radio & just replace the cubby if this part becomes available to us here in the states.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

:p They all match now.. fortunatly.. or unfortunatly (depending on how you look at it)

Hey Dave, what is the project status? :D

What outstanding action items do we have?

If you can list them out others are sure to help.

GFXdave, what Oz pics do you need?

A nice macro shot of the back of the connector where i can see the colors clearly so i can maybe get an idea of where the + _ go

Project status:

I am in florida until the 17th.

Hopefully by the time i get back i can get that nice macro shot of the AUDM connector so i can get an idea of where to give it some power. Then next step will be to wire in +- to the connector and see if it fires up. I think I can run a temp wire from the fuse box just to see.

Any suggestions on that?

Anyway Project double din please god please is on hold till tuesday.. (hush hush voices carry) ANYWAY

Thats the dilly

Man, we're all pullin for you on this one. You will be the hero if you can manage to get this done
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Dave,

Dont know if want to pull the unit out again just to take a pic...........isnt there enough in the wiring diags to help you? My diagram shows i88 connector as 8 pins; pin1 (GOr-green/orange) is +12V in, Pin5(BY-black/yellow) goes to ground; pin7(W-white) goes to B15 on "auto ac control module" at B283 connector; pin 3 (WB-white/black) goes to B16 on B283 connector. Check these colors for your connector, maybe check 1 is +12v and 5 is ground on the plug when its out of socket....if we had wiring diag for single zone of course it would be easy.

good luck

I am sorry to hear that it didn't work dude...

Hopefully you guys figure it out and make it happen..

Good luck and we all know how frustrating it is not to be able to replace our HU...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Dave,

Dont know if want to pull the unit out again just to take a pic...........isnt there enough in the wiring diags to help you? My diagram shows i88 connector as 8 pins; pin1 (GOr-green/orange) is +12V in, Pin5(BY-black/yellow) goes to ground; pin7(W-white) goes to B15 on "auto ac control module" at B283 connector; pin 3 (WB-white/black) goes to B16 on B283 connector. Check these colors for your connector, maybe check 1 is +12v and 5 is ground on the plug when its out of socket....if we had wiring diag for single zone of course it would be easy.

good luck

That gives me some good "leads" to go on when i get home

We need the Aussie version of this page. When we have it we can reverse engineer the connections after we buy the Aussie AC control module.

I figure we can connect the left and right air mix actuators in parallel.

Need the aussie page to be sure..

04 - Auto AC Control Module IO Signal.pdf

04 - Auto AC Control Module IO Signal.pdf

Curious stuff on the pdf. No sign of separate temp sensors for driver and pax - how does two zone work without these? Ref to a wiring diagram at the end links to Wi-113 which is the first page of a/c, for manual controls. My diagram at Wi-118 shows lines from the control panel plug I88 ONLY go to B283, none going to B282....

Curious stuff on the pdf. No sign of separate temp sensors for driver and pax - how does two zone work without these? Ref to a wiring diagram at the end links to Wi-113 which is the first page of a/c, for manual controls. My diagram at Wi-118 shows lines from the control panel plug I88 ONLY go to B283, none going to B282....

the dual zone takes the int temp from near the drivers right knee. then bases the pass side temp off of that:rolleyes:

Archived