LegacyGT.com

3M roof wrap black gloss

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That looks great. I wonder how it would look on Twilight Blue.

Page 145 of the 'What have you done to your Legacy today thread'. Andrew_l_s has it done to his twilight blue. It is on my short list now also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great. I wonder how it would look on Twilight Blue.

Here ya go! Imo it'd look good on any color except black cause it wouldn't show up lol. Lighter colors like Twilight Blue make the contrast more noticeable which I like.

http://imgur.com/VWzewaY.jpg

http://imgur.com/WBjxR5F.jpg

Here ya go! Imo it'd look good on any color except black cause it wouldn't show up lol. Lighter colors like Twilight Blue make the contrast more noticeable which I like.

General opinion on difficulty? You end up with air bubbles?

General opinion on difficulty? You end up with air bubbles?

If you've got a hairdryer and a helper it's pretty straightforward. If you had one person at each corner it'd be even easier to get it stretched and laid flat.

Bubbles come out pretty easily, larger creases and whatnot just get stretched away; hit it with the hairdryer, pull tight and stick down.

I had one bubble in the middle of the roof and didn't feel like pulling half of it off again to get it out so I popped it with a needle and it left a little messed up spot where it was. For my first time doing it I was happy with the results.

Thanks a lot. I was planning on just plastidipping or duplicolor vinyl spraying mine but the wraps look amazing. Guess I will call my tint guy and see what he charges. He wanted to wrap my whole car when I got it tinted.

• 1 year later...

Is your roof wrap 1 piece?or multiple piece?

Matte black roof on twilight blue.

Too many cars with glossy black roofs in my area.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/chowser51att/DEBB765F-10EA-4E10-A764-E2EF6EBF2C27_zpsd7maoav4.jpeg

One piece roof. Antenna was second piece.

Has anyone attempted the install them self? I am tempted!

It's not difficult when it's just the flat surfaces but when it comes to the curves,I would have it professionally done..I'll be doing the roof wrap myself when time comes.

Man that's looks well done! Not sure it would work on my color but I may photoshop it and see.

not sure anyone in the south should do a black roof, but have at it. Even in NY State buses do a white roof to keep the thing cooler in the summer.

Popping over from the 5th gen section to comment on how good all of these look. Gloss black roof wraps look awesome on 90% of cars, and 6th gens are no exceptions. Keep at it guys!

Mine's not 3M wrap specifically, Avery wrap instead, but I'm also of the opinion that Glossy > Matte every time. But as always, personal preference.

http://i.imgur.com/gyEMXZw.jpg

I prefer the gloss too as I was going to the panoramic look where it blends in with the windshield and rear window.

Mine is actually metallic black, which I prefer over the straight gloss as the added visual interest helps hide imperfections.

It's really visible from above like with this drone shot:

IMG_1270.thumb.JPG.9fabe0449d93a974f35aee7a594dad28.JPG

Archived