LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy spec.B announced

Tide

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05285/586667.stm dorky car writer writes about the spec.b

that's not even worthy of a post....no pics, no driving impressions....

Collectors will want to grab one of just 500 special edition 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B sedans, a high performance version of Subaru's popular all-wheel drive intermediate model.

What makes this car special is a 250 horsepower intercooled turbocharged engine, along with exclusive suspension treatments and unique design elements and interior features. It's been offered only in Japan and Europe in the past, but Subaru, whose image is getting sportier quickly, decided to offer in the United States, too.

It's painted an exclusive Titanium Silver Metallic exterior color and has aerodynamic side ground-effects moldings with chrome trims. It has 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and low profile performance tires, brick red leather interior, and comes only with a five-speed manual transmission.

The guy goes on to spew the normal SOA BS about changes to the company's lineup...nothing about the Spec B :rolleyes:

Of all the car companies I think Subaru has some of the weirdest designs out there. Between the Outback Sedan, Tribeca, and above all, the Baja, they have one of the weirdest fleets in the industry. They're lucky they handle and accelerate so well (well the turbo models at least). Then again, when I first bought my bugeye WRX in early 2002 it was one of the funkiest looking cars out there.

I'm not trying to sell any cars on this website. In my opinion the spec.b isnt worth anymore than the limited. The truth is that nobody is going to let one go for msrp when there are only five hundred of them being produced. Its basic supply and demand.

You are absolutely right, it is supply and demand. But your dealership is overestimating the demand in many people's opinion (including my own). Demand is lower because it is a limited run. If they made it an option package with several hundred ran per month, the cost would have been less and the demand greater.

Archived