LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy spec.B announced

Tide

No, didn't have a camera. Search online for pictures?

Also didn't notice a rear wiper on the car.

Sorry, I should have clarified:) . I think everyone on this board saw the specB when the spy photos came out from a fellow member here. I just wanted to see what the finished product looked like on a lot. I've seen the magazine/Edmunds/spy pics... now I want the IN PERSON pics! Anybody with me on this?:D Thanks for telling us it's there though! I'm sure someone will be there soon............ *waiting*..............

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a side note... Many people are assuming that aluminum arms are going to make the suspension so much lighter.

Have you ever held a WRX stamped steel lower L arm compared to a SOLID aluminum STI lower L arm?

They are not much diffrent in weight. Thats because the stamped steel peice is hollow inside. Whereas the aluminum peice is a SOLID peice of aluminum. Aluminum especially cast aluminum is a very weak metal. To even approach the strength of steel much more material needs to be used.

For this reason alot of group N rally racers dont even bother with aluminum suspension bits. Steel has a much higher stress resistance than aluminum for a minimal penalty in weight.

The rear peices are a no brainer though they will definately be lighter as we have SOLID cast iron bits back there.

If I were going to buy it it would be for the bushings only. Rumor has it subaru puts harder bushings into aluminum suspension bits and thats what makes the diffrence in response.

several people on the board are running 350-400 wHP and have no issues on the stock transmission. Perhaps beyond 400-500 the 6sp is a necessity. At that point, the cost isn't an issue as you have already put more than $10K in the car.

I have heard that over 325-350 whp the transimittion begins to be an issue. Obviouslly i would not know since we are only at 254 right now. Perhaps if you are a sunday driver and not an agressive driver the tranny will hold up. Perhaps I have bad info.

Do we know anybody who has actually exploded a new gen Legacy GT/ FXT transmission?

I know PDX has 390 whp throgh thiers and Shaggy GT has around the same through his... and im pretty sure they dont drive like pootietangs.

Some of the FXT guys have lots more through thiers.

Just out of curiousity, am I the only one interested in buying one? Just want to know if I have my choice of which of the 500.

I believe you are the only one interested in buying one.

It would take at least a Tuned by STi model with a front LSD for me to think about moving up from my 1-year limited edition 2.5GT Wagon with cloth and a manual transmisson. :p

True... The USDM spec B is basicly a trim level... Far from a true spec B.

LGT Base:

3300 lbs- Lightest LGT

$26,000

245/40/17's on wheels = $1200

Good Basic Coilover suspension= $1500

LGT Spec B:

3400 lbs I guess those aluminum bits did alot LOL. It weighs more than even the limited model.

$34,000?

215/45/18

Bilestien Suspension

Dosent make much sense from the performance standpoint. For less money you can have a car that runs circles around the spec B. For the same money you can have a GT30 setup with an FMIC.

I've asked Subaru for some PR photos but I haven't heard back. Sorry guys. :(
AFAIK, these are the only PR photos SOA has released for the GT spec.B. Click on a thumbnail to view the high-res version.

True... The USDM spec B is basicly a trim level... Far from a true spec B.

:confused:

A 'true Spec B'?? WTF mate? The JDM Spec B IS just a trim level. Granted, they get a few other bits (bumper with different spoiler option for one), but the USDM Spec B is to the USDM LGT as the JDM Spec B is to the JDM LGT.

:confused:

A 'true Spec B'?? WTF mate? The JDM Spec B IS just a trim level. Granted, they get a few other bits (bumper with different spoiler option for one), but the USDM Spec B is to the USDM LGT as the JDM Spec B is to the JDM LGT.

But we want a higher performance Legacy! I personnaly could care less about most of the cosmetic mods. Like I said earlier. Drop a 6MT in there with the blisten suspension and all the other crap and I would buy one.

would a 6sp in the Spec B be enough for you? No, of course not. Consider it and the Legacy by STi model as stepping stones...hopefully, a full-tilt-boogie STi model will be released. I still wouldn't buy one, because it probably will be sedan only.

would a 6sp in the Spec B be enough for you? No, of course not. Consider it and the Legacy by STi model as stepping stones...hopefully, a full-tilt-boogie STi model will be released. I still wouldn't buy one, because it probably will be sedan only.

If I was in the market for another car and the Spec B came with everything it somes with now, plus the 6MT it would be enought to push it over the edge and intpo the realm of purchase possibilities. I know it is overpriced but oh well.

Hmm dont know what all the fuss is about, we have had these rides here for months. The uptake has been really great and most Motor Mags are saying its a great ride but can be a little slow on the uptake aka 0 - 100.

Handling and braking are great including the sweet STi Box. For the non belivers, get out there and get a test drive if u can. With only 500 avail, Im sure they will go like hotcakes.

Ada///M.

Miata gets a 6spd for crying out loud, I want a 6spd just for the simple fact that I would get better mileage. What is our final drive ratio anyways? 3500rpm at 80mph, rediculous.

Simple fact is the 6sp from the STi WON'T make a bit of difference in gas mileage. Someone worked out the math and it was like 100 lower RPM in top gear cruise at 80.

We have a 6sp in the MCS and it is sweet.....keeps the motor right in the sweet spot when you drive it hard. I forget to put it in 6th most of the time :lol:

Archived