LegacyGT.com

Matt166 YNASB Thread

Does anyone have a picture/idea how my cobb catted DP should mount under the car? When I installed it there was no place for the mount on the DP to connect to the car - figure the PO had removed it but have no idea what it looks like. Right now its just bolted to the turbo and mated to my borla at the donut.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I am missing the front pipe hanger. The original owner had a new trans at 100k, I wonder if they forgot to put the part back on. Hopefully it goes on pretty easy, will take a look when I address the CV boots and the car is up on stands.

I ran for years without my Invidia DP bolted to the bracket on the tranny.

I'll check my pictures for a photo. no luck

I seem to recall the bracket that bolt 14 goes through has two studs where a bracket bolts to that is curved and then the DP bracket hangs off that curved bracket

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_25/manual_transmission/mt_transfer_and_extension/illustration_2/

Here check out bracket 28

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_25/exhaust_system/exhaust/illustration_1/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I ran for years without my Invidia DP bolted to the bracket on the tranny.

I'll check my pictures for a photo. no luck

I seem to recall the bracket that bolt 14 goes through has two studs where a bracket bolts to that is curved and then the DP bracket hangs off that curved bracket

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_25/manual_transmission/mt_transfer_and_extension/illustration_2/

Here check out bracket 28

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_25/exhaust_system/exhaust/illustration_1/

That's the one I was looking at. I wonder as I often find rough ground and deep snow, that its probably worth installing. I want to give my turbo as much support as possible.

Invoice - Engine $1,975.00

EJ257 Shipping $284.08

Final Engine invoice inc ship $1,600.00

Shipping seems to be self explanatory but what are the other two? Bought a new shortblock and had it torn down for new bearings and different pistons or? Just assembly with heads and timing?

Invoice - Engine $1,975.00

EJ257 Shipping $284.08

Final Engine invoice inc ship $1,600.00

Shipping seems to be self explanatory but what are the other two? Bought a new shortblock and had it torn down for new bearings and different pistons or? Just assembly with heads and timing?

The first shipping was me shipping my old block from ME to FL. I then paid an agreed balance up front for the parts. Final invoice is the rest including shipping back.

I had ARP studs, aftermarket pickup and new timing kit installed minus my OEM pump that only had 10k on it.

All I had to do was bolt a few things back on - Intake manifold that I took off in one piece, turbo, headers and a few other bits, and then install the engine. While I don't have that much spannering experience in hours, I learned how to make sure things are done right the first time by my old man, he was a diesel mechanic for years and was a field service engineer for one of the largest quarry machinery manufacturers in England. Apparently I was visiting coal mines fixing 100t dump trucks with him around 5 years old! I also worked as a mechanic in a race car school for a couple of years, not much room for error there!

I have restrained at the minute saying how pleased I am with everybody I have dealt with up to now regarding this build, as I don't want to jinx it! Once I get a few thousand miles I guess I will be doing some reviews!

Fixed the DS inner boot today thats been stopping me mile building. Pretty straightforward job, R and R was about 30 mins total and rebuilding the shaft was just over an hour. I could probably do the whole job in an hour next time. Man its nice to have an impact gun.

I ended up getting the BECK ARNLEY 1032976 inner CV kit from rockauto for about 10 bucks. Had everything I needed apart from the banding tool, got that from amazon for $20.

Now I'm chasing a boost leak, the BOV valve to TMIC was a little dirty, cleaned it and flipped the oring that looked a little out of shape. Hoping that will be it - going to do a log tomorrow and send to Dave.

Might be badgering BMB for a bulletproof kit if that doesn't fix.

20150905_164342.thumb.jpg.fad86e0986eb91a504b789006088fe5f.jpg

20150905_164349.thumb.jpg.a0fe3feced89bf875febda4e07760f66.jpg

Archived