LegacyGT.com

Brendan's 10LGT build thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took her out today for a ten mile run. All seems to check out great. HDSS clutch took a bit of getting used to. That along with the damper removal made it a bit weird the first few starts. Computer is still re learning a bit, but overall it ran amazing. Here is a pic of the engine finished and installed. Now on to better things like wheels.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/BBPeik/finished_zpstpnywdtd.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is a bit late but figured I should keep my build thread up to date. Last Friday the 18th I got new wheels and a DAMD steering wheel that I got from Jackal. The Wheels are TSW Nurburgring Bronze 19"x8" 45 offset. Tires Hankook Ventus V12 Evo110 245/40/19.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/BBPeik/20150918_142639_zpsqpmheyjj.jpg

• 7 months later...

So I figured that since I am doing the engine swap I should keep my build thread up to date. Should have the swap done in a few days then I have the tune. Thanks again to Swannee for the swap opportunity. The link to the swap thread is below to keep things congruent.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bbpeik-swannee-engine-swap-251678.html

The Engine is as follows

Bored and honed with torque plates

3angle valve job, resurface and set lash

CP pistons

ARP head studs

King main bearings

King rod bearings

11mm STi oil pump

OEM water pump

Manley rods.

Sti heat treated crank.

STI Cams

BNR 20G turbo w/ ported WG

GFB Mach 2 BPV

Invidia Catted DP

Grimmspeed EBCS

ACT HDSS Clutch w/ stock flywheel

Cobb 725cc Injectors

DW200 Fuel Pump

AEM Wide band O2

I think that is about it. I will post more once it is all finished.

Figured while I was at it I should make a list of everything that I have done to my car so far since I purchased it almost exactly 2 years ago.

The swap above obviously

TSW Nurburgring Bronze 19x8

Bilstein Struts

Eibach Springs

Eibach 22mm RSB

Whiteline 24MM FSB

Plastidip Grill

LGT badges

Blacked out headlights

Accessport V3

STI shifter

Damd Wheel

Perrin brass shifter bushing

Perrin short shift adapter

Clutch damper delete

SPT Boost Guage

Stoptech cross drilled rotors

ATE blue brake fluid and clutch fluid

Perrin intercooler coupler

Rear window spoiler(it fell off still gotta put it back on)

Perrin Steering dampner lockdown

And trust me the to do list is still a mile long

• 4 weeks later...
So now I am back to my regular build thread. Since I am limited by my intercooler I am going to start looking into making a fmic setup. Not sure of the detail yet, but that seems the easiest way to go. I had thought about just modding a mishimoto fmic kit for a wrx, but they cost a small fortune. So now I am looking into what I would need to make my own setup. One thing is for sure though. It will be much less expensive than another option and really should be pretty easy. Heres hoping.

Finally finished making the mount for my wideband gauge today. Pretty happy with the results. Also re mounted my rear window spoiler. It had started to come loose a few months back and I pulled it off. Finally got around to pulling the old double stick off and applying new stuff.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/BBPeik/20160611_161741_zpsr3ddpjng.jpg

I haven't heard of too many fifth generation front mounts. i'm very interested in this part especially. i have a 2012 that i'd like to do.

Your build may inspire me to do an upgrade or two.

ebo03 has a front mount on his 5th gen. there was another member on here that did also but I cant recall their name since they are not very active, at least not as of late.

ebo03 has a front mount on his 5th gen. there was another member on here that did also but I cant recall their name since they are not very active, at least not as of late.

I was gonna take a crack at s2 (not very active = stuck in a garage, etc.), but I don't know if he has a FMIC yet, so I'd just end up looking dumb.

SomeZero has (had?) one. He stopped posting last year (and his last post was pretty cryptic, indicating he was going to part things out).

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/somezero-s-slo-lgt-214909.html?t=214909&highlight=fmic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been making a list of all my mods, so I can have them displayed at Subiefest. This is what I have so far. If any of you think of something I forgot please let me know so I can add it to the list . Here is what I have so far.

Thanks

Engine: EJ255 Stage 3 tuned by Bren Tuning and built by Infamous Performance Escondido CA

Accessport V3

Bored and Honed with torque plates

3 Angle valve job

CP pistons

Manley Rods

ARP Head Studs

King main and rod bearings

STI heat treated crank

11mm STI oil Pump

STI intake and exhaust camshafts

BNR 20G VF54 turbo with ported wastegate

Process West 2015 WRX Verticooler