LegacyGT.com

Brendan's 10LGT build thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically the "puddle lights" are the ones under the car and the subaru logos are "courtesy/welcome lights". [emoji13]

But that's a helluva list there! All you're missing, to IMO have a completed list, is an aftermarket intake, albeit not really needed, and some brembos.

I can see Brembo's if you track the car or are regularly driving on the autobahn...but for daily driving they are excessive. It doesn't matter how much power you have you are still basically driving within legal speeds 99% of the time, and within stock speed capabilities 99.9999999999% of the time. Maybe not legal for that particular road...but you get the point. The stock brakes are more than adequate for that.

Paint and decals are cheap, lol.

I can see Brembo's if you track the car or are regularly driving on the autobahn...but for daily driving they are excessive. It doesn't matter how much power you have you are still basically driving within legal speeds 99% of the time, and within stock speed capabilities 99.9999999999% of the time. Maybe not legal for that particular road...but you get the point. The stock brakes are more than adequate for that.

Paint and decals are cheap, lol.

Emphasis mine. You do realize you're talking to a community that takes a stock car and tries to push an extra 100 hp or so out of the power plant... and the thread's author in question has a completely rebuilt engine just because it can produce even more power. Just about all of the enabling we do here is excessive.

That just means it's time for Brembos.

BREMBO's!!!! I'm the perfect example driving less than 15 min to work everyday and will never ever ever see a track. Cmon, you got 3-4mm left on your pads and you got a caliper or two starting to get a little sticky and steering wheel shakes a bit when braking equals...... BREMBOS!!!!!

I couldn't fathom doing it any other way.

Emphasis mine. You do realize you're talking to a community that takes a stock car and tries to push an extra 100 hp or so out of the power plant... and the thread's author in question has a completely rebuilt engine just because it can produce even more power. Just about all of the enabling we do here is excessive.

That just means it's time for Brembos.

I [tr]ucking love this.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Just keeping things up to date. Sti swap was a full success. I drive a few miles a day(currently non op reg so no big drives) and all I can say is it just works. No problems yet. Done a few hard launches and the mounts seem good. Best of all it is very fast. Curious what a 1/4 mile time would be but I would guess low to mid 12's for sure. I will eventually see what that works out to for real, but until then we will just have to guess.

Archived