LegacyGT.com

Car Won't Start After Stereo Installation

cjwessing

it was late i must have missed it. but i tired unpluging mine last night to see if i could duplicate the concern. unpluging it got a crank no start :confused:

I would tend to guess that something has gone funny with the clutch interlock switch. Either it's stuck/broken, or it got unplugged which would cause a no-start condition.

One other possibility is the fusible link in the starter wire. If there's a short to ground somewhere, it's possible that you blew the fusible link when you went to start. The best way to tell is to test continuity between the positive cable and the attachment point on the starter (with the cable removed from the battery). If you don't have a voltmeter, go get one.. Nobody in their right mind should be doing electronics installs without one.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you still trying to guess what is wrong? You already have a code that the cranck sensor has a short circuit, and it not crancking anymore may just be due to you trying it too many times and the battery dying. I believe it is time that you contact the dealership.

X

---

man do I feel like a dumbass right now...

Push started the car today, started up and ran just fine...

Took it to the dealer, they discover that there's a cable dangling next to the battery. Hooked it up to the positive terminal, and it what do you know? The car starts right up. I guess there are two wires coming off the positive terminal (I didn't realise this when I unhooked it), and the second one fell down next to the battery and I overlooked it.

Sorry to trouble everyone, thanks for all of the help. I'll start a new post for my stereo/computer install when I get it all finished.

-Chris

man do I feel like a dumbass right now...

Push started the car today, started up and ran just fine...

Took it to the dealer, they discover that there's a cable dangling next to the battery. Hooked it up to the positive terminal, and it what do you know? The car starts right up. I guess there are two wires coming off the positive terminal (I didn't realise this when I unhooked it), and the second one fell down next to the battery and I overlooked it.

Sorry to trouble everyone, thanks for all of the help. I'll start a new post for my stereo/computer install when I get it all finished.

-Chris

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Priceless!!

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Archived