LegacyGT.com

cheap parts

i have been putting off the old suspension parts on my 93 wagon since i got it (been a year and it needed it then also) so i have been clicking on ebay to try and get some decent ones cheap, i don't plan to race the thing it is my daily driver and so just need to do the maintenance on the thing before i dump money into the thing.

so question is is this a good set? anyone have any links to a better set with a price point around this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231060831972

i don't have more then $150 to drop on these parts and all of them look stock

Basically to do the entire suspension, not including shocks, it's gonna cost you $400 easily in parts. I suggest you start will ball joints and inner and outer tie rods, then don't wait too long to get the lower control arm bushings replaced in the front. Then move on to the rear suspension bushings. Don't worry about the tophat until you replace shocks.

only thing that bugs me right now is that every time i hit a bump with the right wheel hard or take a hard right turn i hear a clunk, i'm thinking it may be the top hats but also maybe the control arm bushing giving me a death rattle

I'd start with the ball joints like gteaser said. I had a clunk like you described and it was a bad ball joint. Don't get a cheap generic one though like I did. It was $20 so I thought I was saving money but it wore out in six months. OEMs are a good choice.

One way to check for a bad ball joint is to wiggle the wheel back and forth and feel for play.

Don't use anything but OEM on the tie rod boots! not even moog. I just replaced mine with moog and they ripped within 6 months. They split because they were too tight over the tie rod.

While I always take into advice the comments of forum members, I cannot agree with this statement. With only one bad instance by an otherwise reputable mfg.

It's the same to me as saying don't buy Fel Pro parts because of one person's bad experience.

O.

Moog are one of best aftermarket chassis parts makers out there... most of there parts I know of are lifetime warrenty. I'm also a big fan of napa, been installing there parts for years.... and use them exclusively for my cars.

I used moog in other parts with no issues. Also was two identical boots that had cracked. When installing moog boots they were obiously too tight. I had to soak them in boiling water and use grease to get them on. If you do some research on other subaru forums you will find my opinion to be shared by some reputible members. I have also used some AutoZone previously and they also cracked. It's 8-10$ more per boot but a couple hours more of your time if they do fail.

Oops, K9513. This is it. Best price I have found.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390966363416?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Right from the Moog catalog. The other ball joint listed is a serviceable one I believe, older style.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/products.asp?cat=19282

Archived