LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on alignment?...and Whitetiger's Coilover Hijacking

jasejase

^you cant measure caster with those, can you?

It is possible, by measuring camber at two different steering positions (left 20 degrees then right 20 degrees), and then throw the numbers into a formula. I may just leave the caster setting on the WLALK at max positive setting, and only play with camber and toe. :spin:

Any drawbacks of having slightly uneven caster angles? I just bought the alignment tool kit and started learning about alignments.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^there are no crazy drawbacks to it, but if you are looking to do a number nerd alignment, un-equal caster means unequal rates of dynamic camber, and one side will want to return to center at a different rate than the other. having a balances caster reading means you are that much closer to having a balanced car. since you are doing it yourself, id go for it. the WLALK is nice and easy to adjust. If you had some other kit, id say forget it. :lol:

^there are no crazy drawbacks to it, but if you are looking to do a number nerd alignment, un-equal caster means unequal rates of dynamic camber, and one side will want to return to center at a different rate than the other. having a balances caster reading means you are that much closer to having a balanced car. since you are doing it yourself, id go for it. the WLALK is nice and easy to adjust. If you had some other kit, id say forget it. :lol:

I see what you did there :lol: Thanks for all your advice. I will report back with some numbers.

ok, good luck. Remember, though your adjustments may be limited to the factory devices, above all else, you want a 0.00000000000 thrust angle. absolute zero. if the rear of the car is not pointing straight, then everything else is fvucked.

Archived