LegacyGT.com

Grimmspeed EBCS coming!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got in contact with Grimmspeed to ask about the items Logan purchased. This is the fix for the lgt fitment issues. They are sending me the ebcs (without the bracket) and the seperate adapter in exchange for the ebcs I bought in the group buy.

From the conversation I had with them, there won't be anymore brackets. The 2 items you listed ARE the fix for the 5th gen.

I would shoot them an email and see if they will exchange it for the same setup as Logans as they did with me. They sent me a return label as well to send the old one back.

This was the response I received when I first emailed them about it:

The combination between those two parts is our official fitment for the 10-12 LGT guys. We have been slacking on doing any sort of announcements for it, but we should have something up within the next week or so. It is not as tidy as the 2015 kit but does provide a solution for not only LGT owners, but for 2015 owners who may be running an aftermarket inlet or other combinations.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Looking to get the "Grimmspeed electronic 3-port boost control solenoid" and the "turbo inlet adapter" here soon. Did you guys find out if this fits? If so, how did the install go? Did it improve boost quality etc? Any input is appreciated as always. Thanks!

Electronic 3-port BCS Model # 057046

Turbo inlet adapter Model # 057047

(Model Numbers from Vividracing's website..)

I am doing this too and as per a seach here, yes, those are the correct parts. Credit to GTeaser for linking to the correct parts in this thread:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/grimmspeed-ebcsi-250972.html

As I understand the big thing is that the standard boost control likes to leak at anything above stock boost so it is highly recommended to upgrade if you're tuning beyond stock power. This setup plugs right in, and is three port so it supposedly smoothens response too.

EDIT: Bypass valve is what leaks, not the boost control. D'oh!

Edited by Scubaboo
Clarification

Looking to get the "Grimmspeed electronic 3-port boost control solenoid" and the "turbo inlet adapter" here soon. Did you guys find out if this fits? If so, how did the install go? Did it improve boost quality etc? Any input is appreciated as always. Thanks!

Electronic 3-port BCS Model # 057046

Turbo inlet adapter Model # 057047

Yes it fits and those are the correct part numbers. I used smaller hoses than were supplied to the connect to the turbo port and the waste gate actuator.

Consider swapping that v2 for a v3 if married to anything newer than a 2008 Subaru. Lots of technical reasons, not because shiny and new - ROM size/support, protocol handshake, marry/unmarry stability, etc.

COBBs OTS maps are horrible, and they rarely offer ones for non-COBB accessories. However, any e/local t00ner who works with COBB APs, ATR can get you dialed in with the Grimspeed EBCS in place.

I wouldnt recommend driving around with one with no t00n or an OTS t00n.

Same applies for any intake work. Only fair game changes for no or vanilla Stg1 t00ns are Full recirc BPVs and charge pipe, TMIC swaps, catbacks, aclebacks. For anything else re-t00n.

I am doing this too and as per a seach here, yes, those are the correct parts. Credit to GTeaser for linking to the correct parts in this thread:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/grimmspeed-ebcsi-250972.html

As I understand the big thing is that the standard boost control likes to leak at anything above stock boost so it is highly recommended to upgrade if you're tuning beyond stock power. This setup plugs right in, and is three port so it supposedly smoothens response too.

The leaking would be in the BPV not the boost controller, the aftermarket EBCS is not necessary but does allow more control for tuning. You will need a custom tune for this mod, where as the BPV would be plug and play.

The leaking would be in the BPV not the boost controller, the aftermarket EBCS is not necessary but does allow more control for tuning. You will need a custom tune for this mod, where as the BPV would be plug and play.

And I think I am dyslexic because all this time I thought the EBCS was the problem lol! Thank you for pointing that out, now off to search the forum for BPVs that fit our application.

• 1 year later...

I just did this install yesterday. There are no instructions for our car specifically on their website.

This one is close

https://www.grimmspeed.com/content/install_guides/GrimmSpeed_FA20_boost_control_solenoid_Install_Guide.pdf

The primary difference is the solenoid itself is separate from the adapter plate. You have to mount it somewhere under the hood. I used the hole on the lower tie bar where the peg on the passenger side of the radiator sits.

Port 1 goes to the intake port

Port 2 goes to the wastegate

Port 3 goes to the turbo port

You will need 2 hose adapters to go from the smaller hose of the wastegate and turbo to the hose that comes with the unit. If your hoses are old and hard, get a foot of the small hose. I believe its 4mm ID to 6mm ID. I brought the hoses with me to Autozone to fit the adapters

Thanks for posting that, will be preparing some hose and the adapters so my own install goes faster. Good reference for other owners in the future

If you want OEM I believe it’s this guy - 16385AA030 - 16385 in the diagram. the car has one between the T of the wastegate and turbo port and the hose that goes to boost controller. If you reuse that one you’ll need one more.

I didn’t know I needed it, so I had to use what AutoZone had. I might replace them with oem now that it’s all sorted out. My hoses were hard, brittle and discolored from age. So was the adapter. Why they changed hose sizes I have no idea. I used a short piece of new hose, then the adapter, then the hose that came with the kit. The AZ adapters are kind of cheesy by comparison.

FFEAA40D-19E5-41D7-A2C0-CFF6A4242080.thumb.png.182feb24bd79394871d3ae9e8108ee9d.png