LegacyGT.com

Weak/Bad design windshield?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ Not accurate information recalibrated is in Subaru's Owners Manual it states You must use OEM windshield and calibration is warranted. You may do what you please with your own vehicle but please refrain from posting information which is not part of Subaru written statement.
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

Weak windshields, for sure. Our 2014 Crosstrek has seen highway 80% of it's life (23k mi) and no issues with the windshield. My 2015 Legacy saw ONE road trip and had 3 good sized chips. Had them filled before they split. Very thin glass up front.

yes, subaru has paper thin windshields and windows for that matter. Its all about cost cutting. If you think your getting high quality acoustic windshields in your cars then you are delusional.

Cant wait for the typical responses from hkshooter or quadrangle...those two must work for subaru or something the way they defend their precious brand. Rowlette is cool though.

yes, subaru has paper thin windshields and windows for that matter. Its all about cost cutting. If you think your getting high quality acoustic windshields in your cars then you are delusional.

Cant wait for the typical responses from hkshooter or quadrangle...those two must work for subaru or something the way they defend their precious brand. Rowlette is cool though.

Rowlette, you seem to have found yourself a groupie! Lucky, lucky you.

I contacted subaru themselves and they reported decapitation was not required unless the eyesight disabled message was present.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I prefer decapitation it is funnier and that is what happens when you do not verify the alignment of the cameras.😔

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

I understand the reasoning to always follow the manual. I'm just letting you guys know what I was told, not telling you that my word is 100% the truth. I'm another note, if you choose safelite they use subaru windshields. I'm not endorsing them because their service sucks. It was just easier for insurance reasons

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Rowlette, you seem to have found yourself a groupie! Lucky, lucky you.

I would follow you too quadrangle, but youre a little boring.

I am still waiting for hkshooter to give a response. That guy def has an anger problem, and probably just fuming after saying subarus windshield is of bad quality. :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

FYI - I keep my cars at least 10 years/100,000 miles. Are you saying the paint on Subaru's ages faster than other vehicles? I expect to incur normal small pock marks from sand, small rocks, etc. as a matter of just driving around.

the paint on my 2003 Subaru Legacy almost looks new.... I clay and wax it once a year, and the wax it 3 times more over the rest of the year