LegacyGT.com

Time to Tune

If it still runs absolutely terrible after your first revision from Dave or he tells you something looks wrong in the log then you should be worried about the shortblock. As far as your base map goes mine took awhile to be happy too. But once I got my first revision is smoothed out a ton. After a few revisions I had strange idle characteristics which smoothed out after a few minutes of driving. After you get those logs sent to Dave and get a revision I hope it gets better for you.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do too. Pretty sure I fixed my oil leak. Over-tightened the oil feed banjo and absolutely wrecked the copper washer. Had to rip it off with pliers.

How long did you drive on your base map? Of course I had tons of places to go today. I considered switching my insurance over to the Honda for a day.

On my base map I drove quite a bit actually. Of all the revisions besides the 9th that's the one I drove on the most. I made 2 trips to downtown San Fran ~150mi round trip. Most of the other revisions were maybe 75 miles on them before I got the next one. I feel bad my car doesn't get driven much as I live on campus but I make sure that I take it out for a good drive every once and awhile.

2005 Vader Wagon

What's the story behind yours? You've gotta have the lowest miles on an 05 out of all the members here. Old lady owned?

I have all the original paperwork for it. Original owner was an old man who drove it till he traded it in in July 2013 when a lady bought it for $21,000 who then in February 2014 was so upside down in debt posted on Craigslist for $10,000 during the Super Bowl then the next Monday morning my dad picked it up for me as he has access to my bank account.

2005 Vader Wagon

Mine still drives awful and I've probably done 150 miles on this base map. Started to worry that something went wrong, but it's no worse than when I first flashed it.

Just got the go-ahead from Dave today to do my 2nd/3rd gear pulls. I guess I'll know tonight if something is wrong if I YNANSB.

If the car is driving "awful" on the base map with a fair amount of learning something is not as it should be mechanically or the calibration is finiky. The logs did not show signs of anything amiss other than being very early on in the process but the car should be nice and smooth after a little bit of standard driving. You have an email with some more details about our next steps.

I have noticed that it depends on the car/ecu/etc whether it fires up nice and smooth or runs choppy as it learns. Each one is different so no real rhyme or reason.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks Dave, I emailed you back. I'll be going to do my 2nd gear pull in an hour or so. Picked out a nice stretch of road with no co-... I mean, a safe, LEGAL drag strip! :)

Thanks for emailing back and clearing up your descriptions. When I read "awful" I think of something that is wrong and unbearable to drive. The symptoms you described in your email are often caused by still being on the initial base map and how your car reacts. *lack of power and boost, non linear get up and go, lower trip reading etc*

Looking forward to getting her running up to par.

Thanks

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

You know I don't really know, during my stage 2 tune with Cryo it drove like crap for the first 20 minutes as the ECU relearned. Now currently in the process of doing my stage 3 tune and it really doesn't feel like crap after flashing (only on 2 revs though at this point).

Heck I reset my ECU weekly, sometimes couple times a week, it's either flashing a new tune or resetting the ECU before a long trip for to consistently test other changes/mods. If my car was unbearable to drive after every reset I wouldn't be a happy camper.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Well I have a new engine now. It's possible some of it had to do with my older broken engine. Last time I reset the ecu (battery cable off) with a broken piston the car almost stalled.

Now that it's rebuilt and sounds like a diesel, it basically drives the same right after an ECU reset.

Archived