LegacyGT.com

Time to Tune

Gotcha.. I'm highly interested in one of his turbos, but I'd like to see more miles logged first. That and I have a brand new VF40 sitting on the shelf.

Heiche BtSSM hardware / app: $120

I think this item is definitely worth mentioning too. I'm going to have my BtSsm setup finished up thursday, and I'm certain it will be an awesome tool. Sold my VBG to offset costs so it better be worth it :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotcha.. I'm highly interested in one of his turbos, but I'd like to see more miles logged first.

How many is more? I'm well above 5k and thus far, zero issues. I'm not sure who, if anyone has more miles on theirs than mine, however, my daily drive is about 25mi total, whereas, I know some folks who drive 25mi one-way, plus running around on evenings and weekends.

I'd just like to see some long term results before I jump on it. I'm confident his work is good, but at the same time I've logged almost 100k miles on stock VF40's and never had a problem.

Aside from waiting for one of us to clock 100k trouble-free miles on a Custom40, what else might convince you? A teardown and examination, perhaps?

I agree with others that the laptop on an etune and tactrix is clunky. For my stage 3 etune I picked up a tw700 windows 8 tablet for $60 new. The tablet has 2 usb ports and is simply a small 32bit, quad core, full windows computer.

In the coming weeks I will be molding the 7" tablet into my cubby for a clean factory look. Not only will I have the benefits of a car pc/tablet but I can also use software for gauges, logging, and map swaps.

This is very cool. I just picked up a tw802 for tuning after returning a tw801 that died in less than a month. The tw700 is a great idea for a permanent install. Please keep us posted. I'm blown away by these cheap Micro Center tablets.

This is very cool. I just picked up a tw802 for tuning after returning a tw801 that died in less than a month. The tw700 is a great idea for a permanent install. Please keep us posted. I'm blown away by these cheap Micro Center tablets.

Awesome man. I'll create a new thread with a basic walk through when it's all fiberglassed in. Here's a quick tesaser ;).

image.thumb.jpg.1d6aa73b677fa467d3bd68e1f64032db.jpg

I bricked 2 ECU's with my AP so Open Source was for me. Hell I managed to almost brick the ECU in my Cruze because I walked off and forgot the damn computer setting on battery mode didn't get changed and it went to sleep at 20% of the ecu rewrite. Luckily the ECU and just as expensive as tatrix cable let me resume from where it left off.

Went to flash it tonight.

Ran the test write, no errors. Go to do the actual write, shit my pants several times because it stopped for errors 3 times. Had to keep restarting it and it finally wrote on the 4th try, no bricked ECU. No idea if this happens regularly.

Should've saved the EcuFlash log but I forgot.

Next, I'm out doing my 15 minute cruise and for whatever reason RomRaider decided to stop recording about 10 minutes in. It was way too late when I noticed. Had to go out and drive it again. Don't know if this will affect how Dave reads the results.

I assume it's normal for the car to drive funny. Weird indescribable highway driving, and boost would occasionally stop at 5psi for a second, then fly up to 10 or so.

Hopefully all goes well. I forgot that my laptop's battery is shot, so it only lasted about 45 minutes. Thank cthulu for my power inverter.

What exactly is the purpose of RomRaider editor? Is it just for those modifying their own tunes?

My issues with tuning on the Cruze is the programs usually don't like low batteries. The computer would try to die and screw up the tune in the process. I ended up just getting a whole new computer always since brand new batteries would be old stock or cheap Chinese since the computer was "brand new" back in 2004.

Are you using a Tactrix or a VagCom cable?

With my Tactrix I was having issues with the laptop and I did a fresh installation of windows to get it to work smoothly (virus software I think was playing havoc with the Tactrix).

After that everything has been smooth -

Plug-in

Open ECU Flash

load Rom into ECU flash

Test flash

Flash

enjoy 20 mins of the car driving like crap as the ECU relearns.

On mine I think my rear defroster automatically turns off after 15 mins / RomRaider usually stops logging after 15 minutes.

Latest version of ECU flash has been giving me issues ever since I upgraded it to the latest version and started using ECU flashes definitions instead of RomRaider ones.

Not happy at all about this, the older version I ran has never giving me heart attacks like this.

enjoy 20 mins of the car driving like crap as the ECU relearns.

On mine I think my rear defroster automatically turns off after 15 mins / RomRaider usually stops logging after 15 minutes.

Not sure why folks say that, mine runs fine as soon as I flash. Heck it ran fine when I had .500 IAM default, now I just use 1.0 IAM default.

You should really just use the sd logging feature of the tactrix. It's so much better than logging with a laptop. PM me your email and I will send you a copy of my logcfg file with plenty of parameters you would need.

I think I'll give this a shot too, pming you my email too.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Not sure why folks say that, mine runs fine as soon as I flash. Heck it ran fine when I had .500 IAM default, now I just use 1.0 IAM default.

You know I don't really know, during my stage 2 tune with Cryo it drove like crap for the first 20 minutes as the ECU relearned. Now currently in the process of doing my stage 3 tune and it really doesn't feel like crap after flashing (only on 2 revs though at this point).

Mine still drives awful and I've probably done 150 miles on this base map. Started to worry that something went wrong, but it's no worse than when I first flashed it.

Just got the go-ahead from Dave today to do my 2nd/3rd gear pulls. I guess I'll know tonight if something is wrong if I YNANSB.

Archived