LegacyGT.com

New Considerartions

Yes my friendlies....

Found few and far between...believe being dispatched from other sites ....

I'll recall one....Watchuseek a Dutch based site and I joked on comparing cutting sapphire crystals for high end watches (which I collect) to a near life circumcision.

I was dismissed as well on "Tripwire Interactive" due to not buying their products.....Not because I did not want to but my I Pad incapable of ...let's say interacting with their high tech games.I spoke on their ..Podium ...section and had friends aplenty.

I attempted to resserct a Dormant name.

My attempts ,,mostly misjudged is simply to lighten the load of day to day existence ,,nothing more.

Look at a 1949 Bruick Roadmasters,a 1961 Chrysler Saratoga ,,Obsene to to the eye now...my first car new 1971 Karmann Ghia ...Canary yellow....if only they gave it say ....100 H.P. superb design,and not wallpaper for a dash board as compared to the Fiat 124 Spider back then.

The technical car repair or improvement on this set ,,,I'm incapable.....

Don't lose your enjoyment that you received from first new or reborn car status...it truly makes the world turn...

Indeed ,,the shallow wills...

Sometimes look beyond the original design concepts and always improvement on it.

Europeans buy exotics with not the slightest intent on adding modifications,,,,,EVER..

We buy and immediately modify a brand new vehicle .Im not saying one right...one wrong but the intent is so different as to be remembered.

I'll commence to hibernation stage ,something more suitable now but I'd just like to leave you with one last perspective.

My love of cars and their designs and capabilities started in the low 1960's a long time ago when people could actually work,,generally on their vehicles without laptops feeding a Cray for information on deciding what is wrong.Those were days long gone yet cherished certainly by me and hopefully a few others.

My expertise these days are near zero these days as in a new hobby flying model electric helicopters around 500 size for tools and eyesight scares the bejesus of simply hovering and then additional parts from china needed for repairs..

Anyway,,enjoy the interaction of you and Any Modifications and or Adjustments made for those simple pleasures can ...Make A Day...

Now, now, guys -- Mister here might be a bit difficult to make sense of, you just have to try harder.

I think what he's talking about here is the difference between our cars and that we simply must start modifying them the second they're in our possession, whereas, with cars like Maser, Bentley, etc, are rarely molested in similar fashions.

Now, now, guys -- Mister here might be a bit difficult to make sense of, you just have to try harder.

I think what he's talking about here is the difference between our cars and that we simply must start modifying them the second they're in our possession, whereas, with cars like Maser, Bentley, etc, are rarely molested in similar fashions.

That's what I got out of it. But when I think of those cars in terms of production numbers in comparison to ours these days it's apples and oranges. I would never dream of modifying such a creation were it in my possession. However I doubt I would stand a chance of seeing another on the road so they would be very distinguishable from anything else on the road. I can tell you where at least 4 other 4th gens are parked in my small town, let alone how many I see on the road. I do what I can to mine cuz it's my poor man's exotic.

I do get a sense of longing for days gone by when a simple toolbox and a good ear was all that was necessary to work on them. I wonder if we will even recognize automobiles in 20-30 years given their rapid advancement. I certainly feel like they're starting to outpace my ability to comprehend them... well not yet.

As long as there's always a place on the road for the ensusiast I'll be happy.

I'm just worried about how all the modern cars including ours when you open the hood you are greeted by plastic. I love going home and popping the hood on the BMW 2002 project in the garage or the Alfa and seeing the engine rather then a big plastic engine cover.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived