LegacyGT.com

Boxerfest 2015 - April 25 - Who's going?

BoyceWare

I'm interested in any stock/OEM cat converters, actually. Bring whatever you want along with you if it has a stock converter in it, lol.

Was planning to bring mine for you already. Are you looking for more than one or just looking for whoever gets to you first?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Was planning to bring mine for you already. Are you looking for more than one or just looking for whoever gets to you first?

I'll buy more than one, so bring whatever you got :)

Want an OEM downpipe from a 5th gen? :lol:

Yes! Assuming you mean the 15" or so exhaust piece with the cat converter :)

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

As I swap out stage 3 parts I plan on listing a few things on the classifieds over the next few weeks. If I don't get around to getting the listings up I plan on bringing the following:

-Full set of stock LGT struts (80K) miles with Tein s-tech springs (30K Miles)

-Full set of stock LGT struts and LGT springs (100K miles)

-Engine Cover

-VF46 No Shaft Play (100K)

-Stock Downpipe

-Stock Exhaust + Mufflers

• Moderators
I'm going, I'm hoping to enter the AutoX Naturally Aspirated category. Is it cheating that my 3.6R is making around the same power than a stage 1 WRX or Legacy GT is with mods?

Haha, that's awesome. Loophole!

What suspension do you have on there?

It's mostly stock suspension. I have a whiteline rear sway bar, and since it's a 2013, the FSB is 26mm stock with Kartboy endlinks (Front and rear). Front strut tower brace as well.

I'm considering a couple more suspension upgrades in the near future, but I don't want to lose too much in way of comfort. And I've upgraded to stoptech drilled/slotted rotors and pads all around. I realize AutoX is more about turning than acceleration, but it plays some role.

As I swap out stage 3 parts I plan on listing a few things on the classifieds over the next few weeks. If I don't get around to getting the listings up I plan on bringing the following:

-Full set of stock LGT struts (80K) miles with Tein s-tech springs (30K Miles)

-Full set of stock LGT struts and LGT springs (100K miles)

-Engine Cover

-VF46 No Shaft Play (100K)

-Stock Downpipe

-Stock Exhaust + Mufflers

I'm interested in those struts. Going with Koni's so I only need the fronts. Pm'd you.

• I Donated
You shouldn't be. 4th gen and 5th gen are both overweight pigs. :lol:

You're telling me! My Spec.B was over 3500 lbs. I was confused as to why my fiance's Veloster Turbo felt so much like a go kart until I noticed it was 900 lbs lighter.

My WRX is "only" 3100 lbs, and it's crazy how much a difference 400 lbs makes to the feel of the car.

Yeah, last year at boxerfest the brz's were running just about the same times as the non-racecar class of turbo subies (in general).

They stuck the the BRZs in their own class this year. So I'd imagine if they give me that class, I'd probably be racing imprezas, outbacks, and other legacies.

• I Donated
They stuck the the BRZs in their own class this year. So I'd imagine if they give me that class, I'd probably be racing imprezas, outbacks, and other legacies.

It's really not going to help you that much speed-wise. On the only car that was available with both a 5MT and a 5EAT, the 5EAT was 34% slower to 60 mph. I'm also guessing that you don't have a lot of autocross experience and that at least one person with a 2.5RS or something does, and driving skill is much more important than the car in autocross (I say this as someone who sucks at driving... ;)).

I don't have any experience, I assume I'm probably going to lose; regardless but I think the car will help me do better than I otherwise could have and that the categories are kind of mis-named with let's say a plain impreza. And although even with a 34% slower transmission, I can still get to 60 in a hair under 5 seconds.

• Moderators
I don't have any experience, I assume I'm probably going to lose; regardless but I think the car will help me do better than I otherwise could have with let's say a plain impreza. Although even with a 34% slower transmission, I can still get to 60 in a hair under 5 seconds.

What motor work have you done to get the car going that fast? A stock 3.6 is no where near 5sec 0-60...

Also, you don't really "lose". Just come out and have fun :cool:

Headers, midpipe, catback, intake, tuned for 93 octane. A stock 3.6 is around 6 seconds.

Also, you don't really "lose". Just come out and have fun

Definitely. By lose I mean I'd probably not have as good a time as some people. I'm still doing it regardless because it is indeed fun.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be looking for glove box components for anyone going. I need the side panel that the cable attaches to as well as the little cube-columns that keep the glove box from falling down/hyperextending, if you will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

I may be looking for glove box components for anyone going. I need the side panel that the cable attaches to as well as the little cube-columns that keep the glove box from falling down/hyperextending, if you will.

After reflecting on my own post, I thought, "I wonder if it will be beneficial to start a FS/FT thread for those attending boxerfest. I might start one. Feel free to beat me to it.

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Archived