LegacyGT.com

Wicked Big Meet 2015

CT2015Legacy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice! If your near the Southington area they usually have a meet up their before the event and then everyone cruises down.

I'm coming from MA but I'll try to get a Legacy parking section :)

I will be cruising I-90 in the AM... Let the convoy begin.

Look for me in a silver 2010 with dipped wheels and grille, going the speed limit...

• 1 month later...
I'm coming from Cambridge so I could meet on 95(128) from burlington south, and then 90 from there. The plazas or mall lots would be a good idea.

What time will I see that Silver Bullet at the Burlington Mall lot?

What time will I see that Silver Bullet at the Burlington Mall lot?

The coors light special will be there as early as anyone wants to make it. I havent figured out the details yet but I heard last year there was a hell of a line to get in so figured I'd try to get in early and watch them come in.

There will be a huge line of cars. But that's actually kinda fun too. If you want to park together, you should definitely meet up and come in together. Keep in mind that it might be tough to stay together through tolls if you have some with transponders and some with cash only. I think there's some places on 90 that you can meet that have no tolls between you and WBM, but I forget exactly which ones without looking at a map. They like you to park as part of the line of cars. It is not impossible to move your car after parking, but you may have a hard time designating a spot to get a group together to meet at the venue.

I can confirm that in years past, you could not do both show and autocross. I assume it is the same for this year. Autocross does get early admission this year (don't know about past years, but I think they were early too) so that they can go through tech. It looks like there is a morning set of runs and afternoon set of runs for each participant. I will be trying out the autocrossing this year, so no caravaning for me as I will be there earlier than most. You can root for me if you are watching at any point. And pray that I keep it off the walls. ;) I'll be in the ABP 2005 LGT wagon.

Here's the tentative autocross schedule:

Autox Schedule (TBD)

Paddock opens 7:30

Reg and Tech 8 - 9

Mandatory Driver's Meeting at 9

Group A Session 1 9:30 - 10:30

Group B Session 1 10:40 - 11:40

Lunch 11:40 - 12:40

Group A Session 2 1 - 2

Group B Session 2 2:10 - 3:10

Awards 3:30pm

*AutoX participants can come two hours before gate opens

*Cars will be run in run groups to allow competitors a chance to check out the rest of the event

s2baru, if you're still coming, I'm gonna need to find a way to meet up with you as I will likely have an Albero front lip for you to transport back west for '06GRPLGT. ;) We can all figure that out as time gets closer though.

Looking forward to it!

Anyone with a 5thgen interested in my custom sub enclosure I purchased from coppertone a few years back??? I'll bring it all if someone wants it 500obo focal sub/enclosure/amp included. Open to ANY fair offer

I am torn on WBM this year as it seems to be the same thing every year. I do like going and seeing people I havent seen in a while though. I am prob gonna go but not go all day like I have in the past. Its hard to pass up when its 15 minutes from your house :lol:
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

This will be my first WBM, so for all you veterans who have been going the past few years, I was curious to see if any vendors actually bring anything for us 5th gen owners. I was hoping to take advantage of those "same day deals" but then I thought that they're probably focusing on those ricey wrx guys.

Most of the parts are for wrx/sti owners but I am sure you can work out a deal with most vendors for the part that you want if they don't have it there. Shit I got a Grimm speed heat shield last year for $33 it's all the cash I had left lol
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

They have nothing for 5th gems unless it is cross compatible with another Subaru. Since a bunch if '15 wrx stuff fits our cars there will be more stuff than past years. If you talk to the vendors they are usually open to working out a deal/ordering whatever part you need if you pay for it that day. Like was mentioned, bring cash

I appreciate the tips guys! Especially the cross usable parts. I poked around and didn't find more than one or two but do you know if anyone has listed any parts that can be used?

Are you paying attention to the 5th gen forums? Perrin has produced several parts just for the transmission alone that are cross-platform.

Archived