LegacyGT.com

Auto-dimming Side Mirror Problem

The result is that the dealer confirmed that the fun house mirrors are a result of a bad batch of mirrors. The housing is fine. The dealer offered to keep replacing mirrors until I was happy. No questions asked.

The dealer offered to keep replacing mirrors until I was happy.

Can't they just inspect them when they come out of the box, without having to install them to reveal a defect?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Can't they just inspect them when they come out of the box, without having to install them to reveal a defect?

Because then the dealer wouldn't be able to slide one past the customer and move on to the next job, doing the same.

My dealer showed me the mirrors in the box first. The mirrors looked fine. Put them on the car and there was an obvious problem. Honestly I think everyone is just tying to figure this out. Everyone agrees the mirrors are bad on the car.

My dealer showed me the mirrors in the box first. The mirrors looked fine. Put them on the car and there was an obvious problem. Honestly I think everyone is just tying to figure this out. Everyone agrees the mirrors are bad on the car.

Maybe they should just change the side mirror housing then? Cause it seems like the clips or mounts are warping the mirror, after it is installed.

Maybe they should just change the side mirror housing then? Cause it seems like the clips or mounts are warping the mirror, after it is installed.

That's what my dealership did on my car. The odd thing is that it ONLY affects the driver's side mirror. Once they replaced the mirror housing, the funhouse mirror effect is minimal. I'll wait a few more months before complaining again.

Obey thanks for the feedback.

Can you confirm you finally have good mirrors installed now?

I have a drivers side mirror now that is at least 95%

Passenger side is 100%

The dealers is aware and agrees the drivers side is not 100% perfect.

I have not pushed it any farther......yet

Can you explain what you mean about the rear glass window being defective? Ive had an issue with my rear glass where in the middle seems blurry. I thought it was just me but I don't think so. Any help would be great. I'm also in NJ.

Mine was shipped with a defective rear glass window. How no one noticed it is beyond me. Seems the QA on the glass portion of the factory isn't very good.

• 1 year later...

Guys, reviving an old one....

I picked up a set of these yesterday and installed them last night. As mentioned in this thread, the funny mirror effect on my driver's side is horrible, too the point I didn't want to look at my mirror while driving...cross eye effect almost made me dizzy..

The set I picked up yesterday was manufactured in November of 2016, so I'm not sure I buy its a "bad batch". Already spoke to the dealer and they are replacing it.

Has anyone heard any more on this in the past 2 years?

Hmm. I haven't seen anyone grumbling about this problem in a long time. I got mine in 2015 preinstalled and was really worried i'd get bad side mirrors.

The mirror should look basically the same as the original. No warping. I notice a slight doubling affect around headlights when the mirrors are dimmed. It is not problematic at all and it is not present when the mirrors aren't dimmed.

Archived