LegacyGT.com

Going Stage 2 When it's cold as #$%$&#$?

WILegacyGT

Bought a 05 legacy gt wagon 5eat with low miles (60k) a month or so ago. This is my first slush box in a long long time. For some reason this is making stage 2 a bit more urgent. If I can't have fun shifting gears, I need to floor it more frequently I'm finding. I want to go stage 2 but was wondering if I would need a re-tune once it warms back up in 6 months? I'll likely be doing this when it's about 20ish degrees out if I do it now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I'm thinking I'll have one of the e-tuners on this site create me a custom map and flash it myself using open source. So I'll likely do my logging in the cold. I'm thinking it will be ok but was curious.

On a side note, I feel like bolts are harder to get loose in the cold. I plan on driving the car for a few minutes and starting on loosening the bolts when it's still hot with some gloves on. Had a heck of a time with my recent sway bar install.

A good tuner will make a map that is safe and fun in all temperatures. It is harder in the winter months because colder air gives you more detonation resistance, but once again a good tuner will know how to account for that.

23 WRX - Stock / De-Crosstreked

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD) / 12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct / 00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

Yep I make adjustments for temp compensation. Sometimes a slight edit is needed come summer or winter time because it's impossible to test all variables but not very common with basic setups.

Thanks and let me know if I can answer any questions for you along the way.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks for the info. I pulled the trigger just now on a catless dp, so I should have everything at the house in a week or so. I'll be running a basic set up with a catless up and downpipe, stock catback, and maybe a k&N filter if the one I have from my 08 wrx that is laying on the shelf fits, and is worth it. I'll likely ping you for a tune soon.

You know to remove the banjo filter too.. On the back of the passenger side head.

I'm still running my Perin Panel filter I installed in Aug 2004, so yea the K&N is worth it.

Don't over oil it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived