LegacyGT.com

What is this?

I swapped out an O2 sensor today and have time so thought I would install a new A/M TMIC I bought... many months ago. I have had a code for bank 1 lean. When I was doing the removal I found this:

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/Markbo_photos/Auto/DSCF8569b_zpsccd79de0.jpg

The white clip holds 2 vacuum lines coming up from the tranny. Nothing is connected to it. That seems very odd to me. What is supposed to be connected to it? Surely they don't just dead end open there huh? :confused:

Transmission vent tubes, my non Subaru manuals have always had them too.

I'd guess one for center diff and one for transmission. Breather tubes are common on diffs, t-cases and transmissions...the fluids expand when they heat up, gotta account for that somehow...

Yup... 5EAT. I have never in my life seen vacuum lines that terminate to open air. That is just weird Subaru, weird!

All automatic transmissions have vent tube to let the air out from moving parts. I have seen people plugged them off ( don't ask why) and the fluid came out of the filler tube😂

I have seen lots of vent tubes on different cars. Never seen anything like these. Still look weird. Then again I have only been "working" on this car a short time. The little woman just drove it & put gas in it for 9 years first. :) She is still surprised I want to drive 'the little car'...

It's funner now than it was, that's for sure.

Archived