LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Interest thread.

F22-raptor

Direct bolt-on replacement for the stock mufflers(Axle-back), right?

Would like pics of the different tip styles, placement(at hangers) and clearances.

Edit: Will different tips change the sound? 1-year(4 seasons) weld/corrosion/workmanship warranty?

Unless you put cladding of some sort in the tips, they most likely wouldn't change the sound. Just look. We are still working out the tips, placement etc. Being as the pipes are a lot smaller than the mufflers that we are replacing, clearances shouldn't be an issue. And I am sure we would try to have some sort of warranty on them :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F22-raptor,

Just noticed you guys are in Cincy. :) Hey there, neighbor! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I hide on the East side in Loveland. There are probably 3 other wagons and one garnet sedan in the area that I see quite a bit.

The pipes sound great but I have the same concerns as TSI, my wife would go nuts. I need to hear them in person. :)

Also glad to hear you are doing stainless.

REM870 -

Hey, a good buddy of my hails from Loveland. :) Cool.

------

My wife definitely would go apecrap with this muffler delete, but since it only replaces the muffler, I honestly could care less, as for road trips, etc., I could just as easily spend a few minutes under the car to bolt-on the stock canisters.

I don't mind doing that at all, for the rip-roaring sound this thing gives.

F22-Raptor, things are looking good! 304 stainless, gotta love that for NE-Ohio salted-winters.

Again, please keep us updated on this, and don't forget to apply for "Vendor" status w/Tide.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Oooh.....

Here's what a *great* quad-tip setup would look like.

(1) Tucked up high

(2) Staggered, if possible

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/STiCans.jpg

Altered image by brother Patagonian GT, in post: http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=293598&postcount=10

Excellent. :)

Definitely keping a careful eye on this thread, can't wait to see the final product. :)

Archived