LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Interest thread.

F22-raptor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok. I apologize for disappearing on everyone. I didn't want to post without having something new to say. I usually hang out at nasioc.com though under the same name so you can always pm me or get me there. Ok on to details.

I have the finished jig done. Barring it hitting against the sub-frame etc.. This will be the final shape of the pipe. My Current pipe on the car doesn't have tips etc. And its an unfinished piece. But it is essentially the final look. I garuntee this will put a smile on your face. The smooth pipe (the original jig was flex pipe) has definitely a smoother sound to it. It also feel smoother in power delivery. It was putting a big smile on my face today. I will get pics and videos up soon. Hopefully by tomorrow or later today.

And the best price is it may be a bit cheaper than I originally anticipated. If so the price savings will be past on to you :) I will keep you updated. I have a few days to test out the current pipe and if all goes well, I will be sending it to my fabricator to get a final estimate on price etc.. I may also sell a raw pipe to people that want to design their own tips on it etc.. Since I am having trouble finding high quality tips I like for a decent price. If anyone knows of anyone that sells them meeting above criteria let me know.

mike

Drone isn't bad. At 3k it is a lot less than my old WRX Borla. My wife doesn't mind it. My son loves it. Hes 1.5 yrs old and goeas around mimicking the sound of it when I rev it. :lol: The best thing about these is they come on and off in 5 minutes. So if the wife doesn't like them, you can put the old cans on in 5 min. I would like to get some dual tips but I am trying to find some good ones for less than 30-40$ per tip. Since we have two it would raise the cost of the pipes back up.. I may offer a raw pipe and you can choose whatever tips you want. This would be cheaper obviously. But I wanted to make sure everyone still wanted them before I went with a production run and spent my own money on it.. Since the wife would kill me if I ended up with 5-10 sets of these in my garage hehehe.

Raptor - I'm very interested and would like to hear your car. I'm in Columbus. What are the chances we could meet in the near future?

Well you are more than welcome to meet up with me whenever you want. I am going to make a video tho and let everyone listen to them through that. I am going to make sound clips with windows up etc...

I'd pay more to have dual tips rather than single/oval.

Once your ready to do this, make a poll and see what people actually want. I'd be in either way but I think you will find more people will want dual tips and will be willing to pay the extra few bucks.

Fair enough. I will post a poll to see when I get them done.

Archived