LegacyGT.com

LED's interior and exterior. List?

I put in the Philips 921's for reverse lights. They seem a lot brighter than the stocks. I haven't had a chance to use them at night though. They were super reasonable at Pep Boy's (cheaper than Amazon) with a 12 year warranty. Also found a 20% off code too.

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1164581/00238

They also had the 194's, and the 30 mm festoon cheap. They look nice. Just bright enough but not over bearing. Put those in for map, dome, license plate and trunk area.

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1164512/00238

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/1164529/00238

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just installed my LED's yesterday on my 2016 3.6 Can somebody tell me where the Front Parking lights are ??? and if there is Video showing how to do it. also the Map lights are SO bright. is there something else that is not so blinding.

Thanks,

Front parking lights are on a gray twist-lock base just like the rear parking lights. The bulb lights up the orange reflector on the side, just use that for reference.

I'm a fan of Philips 194 LED and Philips 921 LED replacement bulbs. They may not be the brightest option, but I find that they usually project the best beam pattern. 360-style (which we also sell) may be brighter, but you tend to run into fitment issues, and unfortunately the longevity as not as good as the Philips products -- based on our experience.

Steve

I emailed diode dynamics about making the c-led board for our headlights and they said they're not sure if / when they're going to make them. Everyone should email them and ask so we can show our interest!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I emailed diode dynamics about making the c-led board for our headlights and they said they're not sure if / when they're going to make them. Everyone should email them and ask so we can show our interest!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I emailed them a few months back, really hope they make them!

We've always been big fans of Subaru here at Diode Dynamics. It just depends if the OEM headlight design has room for a new PCB and if, of course, enough Legacy owners are interested for us to dedicate our engineering team's time to that project.

It would've been nice if Subaru could've made the housings the exact same for us lol

Nick C.

John C.

Diode Dynamics

• 7 months later...
Does anyone have a way to turn down the dash and infotainment lighting when the headlights are off? there is no sitting in the car in darkness at all if the car is running and i'm not about to tint the windshield. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have more privacy.

Does anyone have a way to turn down the dash and infotainment lighting when the headlights are off? there is no sitting in the car in darkness at all if the car is running and i'm not about to tint the windshield. Not a big deal but it would be nice to have more privacy.

There's currently no way to dim the dash lights when you have your headlights in the off position. Which really sucks, as they're blinding you in the car to the darkness outside, like a horror movie, can't see their face till it's up against your window.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how to change the interior door pocket light and center dash light near the aux cord? I'd prefer to have them red since all my buttons are red lol see pic for door pocket light. I can't get the center dash light to upload. Thanks c2d430aab3aabb9a4d15b3a34a04751c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Has anyone actually found a bulb for the map lights and (visor mirror?) lights that 100% fits? I went to my local autozone and they said the bulbs are not returnable when opened so I want to be sure I am getting the right ones. Either a model number or exact measurement of the bulb would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know how to change the interior door pocket light and center dash light near the aux cord? I'd prefer to have them red since all my buttons are red lol see pic for door pocket light. I can't get the center dash light to upload. Thanks c2d430aab3aabb9a4d15b3a34a04751c.jpg

I was wondering the same thing. I just bought a 2016 Legacy 2.5i Limited and was wanting to swap out that door pocket bulb. Anyone know the answer?

It's blue LEDs.

The biggest problem is probably to disassemble the doors and dashboard to get to them. If you are unlucky the LEDs are surface-mounted. But you can of course do your own electronic hack and put any color you like there.

Go to for example https://www.mouser.com and look at this part number: WP154A4SUREQBFZGC (their links sucks so I can't pick a direct link). Then you can select color by a switch or three rheostats to get the color you like.

453747.png

Has anyone actually found a bulb for the map lights and (visor mirror?) lights that 100% fits? I went to my local autozone and they said the bulbs are not returnable when opened so I want to be sure I am getting the right ones. Either a model number or exact measurement of the bulb would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

This fits perfectly in the vanity lights next to the mirror in the visor:

http://www.vleds.com/shop-bulb-numbers/vanity-led/vanity-6.html

I have not replaced my map lights yet.

• 1 month later...
I made some headway on the door pocket LED. On subarusource.com, I found this part number, 66237AJ02A. I got in touch with the folks there, gave them my VIN, explained the part I was looking for and they confirmed this part number was what I needed. They were 8.03 each (plus shipping). I just got them in the mail today. I've attached a PDF of the door trim removal the pocket led replacement. I'll report back if I have any problems but this seems pretty straightforward.

2016 Legacy Limited_Door Trim Removal_Door Pocket LED Replacement.pdf

Archived