LegacyGT.com

A comment about Engine Designs

Its amazing to watch how virtually all manufacturers haved jumped on the band wagon as far as turbo's go.Ive seen some Europeans fix on that very system to a 1.3 litre engine.

Surely you can achieve incredible horsepower now from minor displacement but at what costs...

I own a 06 B an incredibly enough have about 27.8 K miles on its odometer and consider it Now one of the strengths of the car,it being 2.5 litre.

I grew up in a era of 327 ,427,454's displacements in those days for many a standard production cars that will never again happen here in the U.S.Imagine a Cadillac now there best seller is supposedly is a 1.8 ,,yes turbo model.Supercharging was the tract taken in those days but then only rarely.

How things have changed.....

I have #-18 by the way....

It's more sad and funny is that Japanese manufacturers are abandoning Turbo cars while American one are finally catching up.

Subaru is just about the only one with turbo cars, even then the fleet is shrinking, where before every single car Subaru made had a turbo version.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

I guess you guy's don't follow Formula 1 racing. That's where the technology came from that allows turbo's and small displacement to work well.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Turbocharging/Supercharging started in aircraft as early as the late thirties ( maybe later ). Some technologies are like fashon, they come and go.

Chrysler used to be the king of turbo's, hell they had a turbo Dodge Caravan! It was quick too lmao.

I think we'll see much more of turbocharging as CAFE standards tighten. With that said I've owned a lot of performance cars, from a 455ci Formula Firebird to an SRT-4 stage 2......my Subaru will out accelerate anything I've ever owned......up to 80 or 90 mph with the exception of my Yamaha R1.

I recall reading a book back inteh late 1980's about the early days of racing. They began to boost engines back around 1914 or so.

I also agree my wagon feels as good if not a bit better then my 1970 340 Duster 4-speed, it ran a 13.05/103mph at Orange County Raceway back in 1979. That's with a bad launch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have a few memories when I first bought this car and stretched its legs on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

I was actually stunned when I asked it to overtake a truck doing nearly 80 mph and it did it so effortlessly I was almost in a state of shock.The ease and the high end acceleration is something I've never had or even approached what this car could do and did.

It would be a very difficult thing to lose once you've experienced it and actually made driving fun on long distance trips.Almost like having an ace up your sleeve.

Archived