LegacyGT.com

Fuel injector cups? Side feed.

I was curious if anyone knew what specifically these are called, and where one can source them if need be.

Wanna pull and swap injectors to check for dead cylinder possibility, and if I send a set out for rebuild and need to get then what and where or are they only serviceable and sold with injector set?

With my diesel and gas engine experience id consider them to be prescreens to the injectors.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/09/944a01b9ab75963898f9ee9f459b5d0b.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/09/7bbed9a2cfc98d9dcb0175709533c189.jpg

Also what do y'all make of these gray or silver caps or button covers to the schrader like valve beneath it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/09/c88d86b13eaf7d39b82dccfbeaf2f415.jpg

Oem side feed injector questions. Tia. Chasing an idle mis on cyl 2 with leaner trims coming thru. Mpg out the window.

Sorry to say but I think you'll find you have a burnt valve.

There is a place that will test and clean them.

PM BarManBean he'll know the place.

He may check in here soon, once he wakes up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yea I'm thinking valve or oil rings not clearing walls. But I was gonna swap injectors this week between 2 and 4 and see where the mis went. I have looked up the option to send out injectors if that's the cause. If it's valve or ring . Idk what I'll do.

I'm looking at if I break or fubar this screen cup does anyone know where to get one?

Inevitably with 143-147k miles on my 06 and me doing 20-25k a yr I'd say it's mechanical. While I'm sure blowby and dirty Maf and pipes etc aren't helping the cause. Missed more when I brake to a stop and idle at stop. Makes me think without much thought that oil slosh leads to oil / oil residue in cyl. But I'm also thinking injector nozzle is dirty and contaminated and plugged. Probably from the oilly air.

Has your car been on the stock MAP all this time ? It has a flaw that will cause burnt valves.

How many miles on the turbo ?

See my click here link for my engine R&R. it was just using oil.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Ok. Yea that's what I was wondering incase I need to replace them.

Bmb I forgot you said that. Thanks.

Max capacity- it's been on a stock oem map and no mods from 40-90k, at 90k and until now at 145k it's been on stage 2 OTS cobb map, with dp and up. Then in last 20k miles I guess I put on inlet and intake. Resetting Ecu each time.

Haven't had time to swap injectors. Hoping that and an aos and induction service maybe will clean it up. But if valves burnt idk. Hoping to make it until it's made off before I have to come up with rebuild money.

• Moderators
He's asking about the black plastics with filter meshes on them. BTW they are replaceable, just not sure where to get them myself.

Like I mentioned when we spoke last, I have random injector parts lying around that you're welcome to have a go at if you need.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Haha, more like brand new for those of us who want to fresh up injectors and can't make it to your house :). I just replaced my 100k mile ones with a set with about 10k miles and I think my A learning is finally down (they get clogged).

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Sadly no, but I think I might have one clogged injector that's raising the A learning. It's such a pain to install injectors in this thing I almost don't want to test to find out which one.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 3 years later...

Also what do y'all make of these gray or silver caps or button covers to the schrader like valve beneath it.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/09/c88d86b13eaf7d39b82dccfbeaf2f415.jpg

Anyone have know what these covers are or have a source for these?

Those covers are most likely there because it was cheaper to manufacture the injectors with an open top and then cap it. There is no feasible reason to remove those caps, and I have no idea where you'd get replacements.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

Archived