LegacyGT.com

6 Spd Accord V6 Sedan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand where you are coming from.

I think though, that other than the new Avalon, it's Toyota who is getting "schooled" performance wise. Let's pull Lexus out of the picture for a second, and there is NOTHING in the Toyota stable that makes the heart pump. Good cars? Damn straight! Their Hybrid technology is second to none. They have sales figures that will rival GM soon. Scion is a "cool" brand, but even with the TRD superchargers, performance isnt really there. Lexus definately has some serious performance, but even they have opted for the sterile road of techo-perfection rather than a performance vehicle. Every writeup on the new GS & IS says this also. Awesome cars. Plently of punch. No emotion. Can't argue with success, and Toyota is successful.

I second that notion

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

re: linked pasted for car and driver

Not surprisingly, the driver feels that "nothing, nothing, then hang on" response common with turbo engines, but the switchover point comes at very low revs. Rounding metro corners at 800 rpm (as a gas-saving measure) is iffy—about half the time the engine goes into a terminal bucking mode; you must clutch it to recuperate.

Looks like the reviewers found stuttering too.

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=8550&page_number=3

Do you guy's notice this on your cars? I just didn't hear it on the dealer cars I have been in.

My doors make a nice muffled thunk. In fact a number of people have commented on it. However, that "luxury thunk" has a mass component the subaru doesn't have as the doors and trunk are light. the thunk on the subaru is good weather stripping, good seal, and some sound deadening material. If you slam them REALLY hard, they make a rattle. The window hardware in the doors, and the license plate on the trunk.

If you shut the door normally with the windows rolled down, they rattle pretty nasty as well.

Door closes with a very quiet thud. But sounds different if windows are open or if other doors are open (quiet thud because the car's well sealed and the air pressure dampens the closing).

Still, it's nothing like the clatter of the Impreza platforms, including the Saab 9-2X.

yea i drove the V6 Auto accord too when i was looking and it was pretty quick...except that its a FWD and was an auto with no (sportshift) type transmission....so it got off the list

Now that they have addressed the one flaw (transmission) if only they'd address the other (fWD) it would be a great car.

I mean look at it this way.

It comes complete with goodies such as:

MP3 player

Voice activeted Navi

XM radio

Better built quality (not by much)

More interior room (way more rear seat room)

all of the above is stuff that the LGT lacks.

So if u dont live in the snowbelt then the 6-spd accord is a must on your list of new car candidates. Shoot all those people looking at TSX shud really be looking at this accord as well now that its got the 6-spd.

Now SoA, we think its time you unleash the LGT STI with a crazy H-6 turbo (or twin) with like 400hp and "kick it up another notch"!!!!

show the panzees at Honda/Acura, Audi and BMW who's boss up in here....as someone fittingly said " In STI we trust" - AMEN!!!

I dated a girl with the fully loaded accord my04 she paid $34k for it. an accord at 29k offers the same as a LGT at 29 . altohough honda offers blue tooth which the 06 doesbt offer. both offer nav. the blue tooth is an expensive, but usefull option

Damn 34K? I paid 18K for my 04 LX 4cyl, sure it's missing a lot, but for almost twice the price? That's why I walked away from the TL.

If I didn't have my accord maybe I would have gotten the TL, but at twice the price? There's a new way to think about it...

Damn 34K? I paid 18K for my 04 LX 4cyl, sure it's missing a lot, but for almost twice the price? That's why I walked away from the TL.

If I didn't have my accord maybe I would have gotten the TL, but at twice the price? There's a new way to think about it...

yup, blue tooth, voice command, leather, 17" rims, moon roof, auto 6cyl, it adds up!!

Yeah the accord is OUT OF HAND in price. This is why everyone says the the Honda line is so much better then the GM or Ford lines. B/C THE ACCORD IS NOW IN THE SEMI LUXURY PRICE RANGE hahaha.

The Civic is the new accord and the accord is the new TL and the TL is old news I guess. When you have a 6 speed honda 4 door sedan that is faster then your flagship something is wrong. Of course there are looks and interior but WOW. 34k accord vs 34k TL hahah

Guest JessterCPA
Wow. 34 seems real high. I had a co-worker who got a leftover earlier this year. Got the V6, auto, XM, leathyer, but no navi for a hair over $24k.

Wow. 34 seems real high. I had a co-worker who got a leftover earlier this year. Got the V6, auto, XM, leathyer, but no navi for a hair over $24k.

I just built one, fully loaded on the honda website 2006 without navi, blue tooth, and voice command 31k

I just built one, fully loaded on the honda website 2006 without navi, blue tooth, and voice command 31k

31k + 6% tax (NJ) = $32,860

+ title and motor vehicles = ~34k

Girl I know here just took delivery of a brand spanking new TL with Navi for 32,500 hahaha (not sure if that was b4 or after taxes but still)

Guest JessterCPA

Wow. That's crazy.

But they will end up selling every one.

I wonder why they don't put this V6, with the 6MT or 6AT and their "realtime" AWD into the TSX and TL, and have a couple of real hard to beat competitors. Have Acura go all AWD, that would separate them from the Honda Accord. The acuras look nice, the Accord looks like poo.

Maybe that would light a fire under SOA considering their recent decisions about the Legacy.

Archived