LegacyGT.com

6 Spd Accord V6 Sedan

I wonder why they don't put this V6, with the 6MT or 6AT and their "realtime" AWD into the TSX and TL, and have a couple of real hard to beat competitors. Have Acura go all AWD, that would separate them from the Honda Accord.

the RL is AWD its pretty quick too. i dont think it will be long before the TL anD TSX go AWD to

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is what I mean. The RL, STS, and a bunch of high-end sedans are going with AWD. Audi has had it for quite a long time, BMW offers it sparingly...

Honda already has their Transverse powertrain AWD system, they call "Realtime AWD." The MDX, CRV, Element already have it. Adapt it to the Acura TL and TSX lower suspensions, and you have a Legacy/A4/Volvo/Ford 500 competitor. Not to mention that the Mazda6/Fusion/Milan/Zephyr platform is getting Haldex AWD, and the Chrysler LX platform is supposedly getting AWD soon too.

Pretty soon AWD is going to outnumber FWD and RWD in the sedan market. Subaru had better be ready for it's selling point to be co-opted by the rest of the market...

I used to be HONDA mad, totally.....

I owned a Honda CRX '90

I owned a Honda Accord '97

Even bought a damn Honda Lawnmower......

AND EVEN called my Cat after one of the Honda Prelude Models so yes I was HONDA MAD.

Then they decided to make their cars outside of Japan and in Taiwan.

Quality went down and the cars were made more for the American market than the Japanese / Pacific Rim market.

I moved to Subaru in 2001 and have never looked back.

Ada///M.

I used to be HONDA mad, totally.....

I owned a Honda CRX '90

I owned a Honda Accord '97

Even bought a damn Honda Lawnmower......

AND EVEN called my Cat after one of the Honda Prelude Models so yes I was HONDA MAD.

Then they decided to make their cars outside of Japan and in Taiwan.

Quality went down and the cars were made more for the American market than the Japanese / Pacific Rim market.

I moved to Subaru in 2001 and have never looked back.

Ada///M.

I had an 88 prelude and an 04 accord, my prelude had better quality. AT 115k there was not even a rattle in the lude.

I still have my Honda mower too, 10 yrs running strong.

I think Subaru should limit their selection to just one car and one SUV, and no options. And any color you want as long as it's black. Just think of the production savings!

but think of all the varieties and option packages we can have with just one car.. oh wait, that would be a Scion :p

Keefe

Lexus is coming out with the IS-250 6 cyl AWD with avail 6spd no word on HP anyone seen this yet?

The IS250/350 is coming out, but I dont think it's AWD. Just goto http://www.thenewis.com/DisplayMainPage.action as they already listed this stuff. The IS250 gets the whimpy 4 cyl while the 350 gets the new powerful V6.

V6 = 3.5 litre 306 hp & 277 lbs.ft.

(6-speed paddle shifter is optional)

I4 = 2.5 litre 204 hp & 185 lbs.ft.

(still better in power than the 2.5i by 40 hp, but my guess is that it's a higher redline to achieve that number).

Current IS300

I-6 = 3.0 litre 215 hp & 218 lbs.ft.

Keefe

^ I'll stick with the sources I have seen.. something tells me that NY Times doesnt know everything about cars, especially some of the editors from even car magazines. Sometimes I skip out the middle man and go directly to the source to find out what IS intended vs. what they heard and possibly got their notes mixed up.
Keefe

^ I'll stick with the sources I have seen.. something tells me that NY Times doesnt know everything about cars, especially some of the editors from even car magazines. Sometimes I skip out the middle man and go directly to the source to find out what IS intended vs. what they heard and possibly got their notes mixed up.

it a full page, full color Lexus advertisement

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Both engines are 6's, one is a 2.5, the other is 3.5. The 2.5 can be had with AWD and manual, the 3.5 does not have either as options.

you can read all about it on Edmunds..I posted a thread on the early review about one month ago if you search for it.

I had the impression of one being an Inline 4, not a small 2.5 V6.

Keefe

Subaru seems to be getting left behind on styling and features offered...

she has great bone structure but refuses to wear make-up(Legacy) and she can't dress herself (Tribeca). Now if only we can get her to do those things and carry a few techno goodies...she'd be a freaking supermodel...that also cooks, cleans, sews, mows the yard, and does the dishes!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

track tested, by car and driver....

Accord V6 6spd 0-60 6.1 seconds

Legacy GT 5MT 0-60 6.5 seconds

february 05 magazine shows......... OWNED

That's a stupid number...Every other magazine has achieved a QUICKER number than Subaru's original 5.8s number...even Car and Driver themselves...Autoweek had the ridiculous 5.23 time.

I honestly believe that car and driver sucks Honda's teet. They love anything and everything Honda and Acura. The only Subaru that currently gets any love from them is the Forester. And that's probably because it's the ONLY small SUV with any guts and tossability.

That same month when the Legacy placed 3rd with the TSX in first... It came in first against the TSX in Road & Track. many of their quibbles were just wrong. Like engine noise...if you look at the decibel figures the Legacy was consistently the Least noisy out of all of the cars...and yes the front door doesn't sound very solid with the windows down...but it is by no means a tin can. Heavy clutch? with such fanfare over the Mustang Cobra they have the nerve?

They recently had an article on the 2006 Impreza...they basically B*tched and moaned about the trip Subaru put them on...and then said the car was OK. Flip to Edmunds or Motortrend and the journalists were glowing about the same trip...I wish Car and Driver would quit being cutesy and start having objective articles...and oh yeah...Honda doesn't love you back!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived