LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO2 exhaust sound clip

BOXRPWR

The sound clip you had of your EVO 2 is quite loud. The one installed on my wagon is quieter and is barely noticeable at cruising speed on the freeway (~70mph). However, the sound is a little loud in the morning, but once the engine warms up, it dies down. I doubt the two systems are different (the only difference being the length of the tips from my understanding). My intake is definitely louder than my exhaust!

-Fred

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm having troubles deciding between the SP2 and the Evo2. I really like the mean growl, but I don't want it sounding like a ricer. I have an AEM catback on my Civic Si, which has a nice pur, not like some of the loud bumble bee exhuasts. I'm looking for something to bring out the boxer, I'm worried the SP2 isn't quite as loud as I want and the Evo2 is possibly too loud. Any suggestions?

Sivs,

As a recent Subaru convert, I'd say that you simply don't have to worry. Subarus are very hard to make to -sound- like "ricers." We've got that inherent Boxer thing going for us. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

crap....too loud for you? With all the work you've done, I'd think you'd want it as loud as possible.

How is the EVO2 on the open road....cabin noise? Any chance you'd do a video while driving.....of course just leaving the camcorder on the seat or something. Just so we get an idea of how loud you are talking.

buy the EVO2 and put a resonator in it. That's what I plan to do to tame it down a bit.

I'm not looking to kill the bad-ass sound, just take it down a notch. Right now, its really, really loud. I think a ticket is just around the corner if I don't do something about it. Hopefully, a resonator will just tame the dBs a little, but maintain the rough, mean sound.

As far as cabin noise goes, its really not that bad. There is a drone at highway speeds. But its not an annoying frequency or level. I usually have my XM Radio volume up at least to 10 so it gets drowned out.

The SP2 and EVO2 came out first specific for the wagons....They just added the EVO2 for the sedans....

(SP2 on my wagon...LOVE it!)

Is the SP2 only audible when your on the gas, or can you hear it at least a little while cruising?

That's right now I remember. The dude I purchased from said I should be getting the EVO2 for my wagon, he said the SP2 was no louder than stock. Well....he certainly was wrong about that, but I would like a more agressive note.

Sivs. The SP2 is audible upon startup, idle, part and WOT. And you can here it a little at cruising, but not much. Absolutly no drone.

I'm actually hopeing for a little more growl by adding a DP.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived