LegacyGT.com

Greddy EVO2 exhaust sound clip

BOXRPWR

yea, online sound clips, videos and pics just doesn't do justice for real life.

I only wish that BPM would make a twister exhaust system for our cars.. that would make everyone think the car is powered by some 5.7 Litre V8 motor with straight pipes.. DROOL! Man, some times I really miss my WRX exhaust sounds

Keefe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you saying even though this exhaust is a very free flowing design (no resonator, high volume mufflers) it still not that loud? Asking since I have a EVO2 sitting around right now that I will be installing this weekend along with dp/up stg 2 and im hoping for some mean ass loudness. Since my borla isn't that loud right now. I guess all exhausts for our cars will be somewhat quieter than others since were using 2 mufflers instead of one.

It should be plenty loud :devil:

I backed my car down the driveway last night and put it in the garage and my friend that lives 3 houses down called me to ask WTF I was doing driving around, waking him up at 1am.

Thats with the Perrin CBE..I think it could be louder, I'm hoping so once I get my UP/DP. But everyone tells me it's plenty loud

this exhaust (Evo2) is all looks and no bite ;) driving around and I felt like I was driving a stock car with the trunk pass-through open.. in other words.. it's really really quiet.

Have you had your hearing checked recently Keefe?!? :p If it was an EVO2 it is most certainly not anywhere near close to stock. I installed headers this past weekend on BOXRPWR's car (EVO2 equipped) and I could hear him coming from a block away. It's not stupid loud, and sounds great at WOT, but a subtle exhaust it is not.

In comparison the SP2 on SnoDork's car is mild. Mellow burble at idle, a bit of growl on acceleration, almost stock at cruise.

So you saying even though this exhaust is a very free flowing design (no resonator, high volume mufflers) it still not that loud? Asking since I have a EVO2 sitting around right now that I will be installing this weekend along with dp/up stg 2 and im hoping for some mean ass loudness. Since my borla isn't that loud right now. I guess all exhausts for our cars will be somewhat quieter than others since were using 2 mufflers instead of one.

It's really not that loud.. the mufflers are hiding a lot of the sound.. lets just put it this way, I can hear my music clearly at volume level 3 to 5... and hold a civil conversation dB level in the car with the people in the back..

My old WRX BPM twister exhaust was soo loud that I had to roll the windows down (to keep the droning out) and had to yell to my co-driver/passenger.. after a 30 min ride, I was at the brink of losing my voice just communicating to my passenger in the front seat. If you had to compare to the old WRX headunit, I would have to turn it to level 25 for the volume to even hear any of the lyrics of a song.

Keefe

It should be plenty loud :devil:

I backed my car down the driveway last night and put it in the garage and my friend that lives 3 houses down called me to ask WTF I was doing driving around, waking him up at 1am.

My old BPM exhuast could be heard well over 1/2 mile away.. and during start ups, you can hear it from over 500 ft away (5 to 7 houses down the street).. my neighbors really didnt like it when my brother, my cousin and me would leave in the early morning for an autox with 3 BPM mufflers going off. Sounded like 3 BIG Harley-Ds just started up at 5am for the early ride. NOW that was beyond stupid loud :D

http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/27877/pic34.jpg

BPM's Turboback + GT muffler for the WRX on the ground

http://www.speedoptions.com/members/38458/27877/pic39.jpg

BPM's Mk3 twister Muffler on the WRX...

http://www.bpmsports.com/products/images/MKIIIChamber.jpg

the "muffler" of the Twister Mk3.. all piping baby..

http://www.bpmsports.com/products/twister.htm

Keefe

open downpipe might not be as loud.

Kevin's car sounds way different now with the QTP headers on. Its cool, but not my particular taste. I like something in between the EVO2 and the SP2. EVO2 is too loud and the SP2 too quiet.

However, this time around I think I plan to keep the car quiet.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Meh. The BPM crap is useless. If you want loud, run open downpipe...:lol:

by rules of harmonics, typically longer horns are louder since you are concentrating the direction.

edit: found some info on dBs...

http://otto.cmr.fsu.edu/~elec4mus/topics/decibel.html

"Decibels are also used in measuring SOUND PRESSURE. Because sound pressure squared is proportional to sound power, sound pressure in decibels is equal to 20 times the pressure ratio. If a reference pressure is chosen, then we can measure actual sound levels in decibels, and this is done. The reference pressure is 20 micropascals, 1 Pa being a pressure of 1 newton per square meter; 20mPa is about the threshold of hearing at 1,000 Hz for most people, so it is a convenient reference. In any case, it has been agreed upon by all international standards. A sound pressure level in decibels is always referred to this standard pressure."

Typically, Greddy exhausts are designed at a 95 dB limit.. some exhausts like Thermal R&D makes some really LOUD exhuasts (well into the 108 dB range)...

A friend of mine (2003 WRX) with a custom turbo back (stock uppipe and header) made an amazingly loud 117 dB with the cutout open.. with the cutout closed, she still managed to hit 102 dB on the reader from 25 feet away.

Keefe

by rules of harmonics, typically longer horns are louder since you are concentrating the direction.

edit: found some info on dBs...

http://otto.cmr.fsu.edu/~elec4mus/topics/decibel.html

"Decibels are also used in measuring SOUND PRESSURE. Because sound pressure squared is proportional to sound power, sound pressure in decibels is equal to 20 times the pressure ratio. If a reference pressure is chosen, then we can measure actual sound levels in decibels, and this is done. The reference pressure is 20 micropascals, 1 Pa being a pressure of 1 newton per square meter; 20mPa is about the threshold of hearing at 1,000 Hz for most people, so it is a convenient reference. In any case, it has been agreed upon by all international standards. A sound pressure level in decibels is always referred to this standard pressure."

Typically, Greddy exhausts are designed at a 95 dB limit.. some exhausts like Thermal R&D makes some really LOUD exhuasts (well into the 108 dB range)...

A friend of mine (2003 WRX) with a custom turbo back (stock uppipe and header) made an amazingly loud 117 dB with the cutout open.. with the cutout closed, she still managed to hit 102 dB on the reader from 25 feet away.

blah blah blah

The TXS RFL and Blitz Nur Spec are both still louder than the BPM.

Archived