LegacyGT.com

Cusco F/R Swaybar review...

inthedeck

I had front and rear installed and it is much flatter - I no longer have to hold onto the door handle or lean into the center arm rest around corners. However, I do notice a definite firmness over bumps that makes a 180K mile like loose strut sounding noise. Have you had the same?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

This "roughness" that you associate with the installation of the antisway bars (both configurations?), is it related to the diameter of the anti sway bars?

I am looking for an antisway bar that increases handling without really reducing the harshness of the ride. I am either going with the JDM, but only if the (rear only) Cusco's give a ride that is too rough.

Thanks for the informative posts though!

Installed Cusco 21mm rear a few days ago. No problems at all with "roughness" and the roads here can be pretty bad. JDM is probably slightly less stiff (20mm I think and hollow).

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either if you're just putting on a rear.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ive been going on the glendora mt roads(GMR) about 2-3 times for several months now on the MR coilovers 16/16 setting. Then, i installed the Cusco RSB. On a long turn @ about 55-65mph, the tail starts to slide more towards out (i have new tires bfg gForce spt), and it was signaling oversteer. Then, @ first hairpin, i do what ive been doing always, slow down to about 30ish brake late and turn. Normally, the stock understeer will slow me down but keep me in control, but this time, my whole back end came out and i drifted thru the turn. Saved myself with counter steer. Next hairpin, i did the same thing but slower, and backend came out again, and i drifted unintentionally thru that turn and nearly crashed. After the 3rd time, i managed to save myself again. so i just decided to cruised to the top. After 30mins of dont know how to fix the problem, i just changed the MR damper to 12 front and 9 rear (32 is hardest). took the East Fork Road to Mt Baldy which if you have been there, it is a little harder than the azusa->gmr route. And there, i drifted twice(unintentionally) and powerslide 4-5times(unintentionally), and decided to cruise home.

I like the overall softer setting but i dont like the understeer. The cusco RSB for me had over corrected too much. What should i do my forum buddies????? =( Is there anyway to correct it back a little without adding an aftermarket front swaybar?????? plz help, thx

if you don't want to swap out the fsb to cusco (which is recommended for the stiffness of the rsb) i would suggest the avo 20mm rsb. probably give you little less stiffness and mate well with stock fsb.

i believe the cusco rsb i have is 21mm. dont think avo 20mm would make a huge difference. i drove the car on the mountain again. have to re-learn the car. regulars on GMR all say that they kick the back out on purpose. they do it and remain smooth thru out. so idk.. i do want to make it a little less over without adding or changing the fsb or the rsb. do u think theres any other ways??? :(

• 8 years later...

Archived