LegacyGT.com

Cusco F/R Swaybar review...

inthedeck

I agree a lot with inthedeck's analysis. I can see where if just the rear sway was just installed, the roughness would not be that bad but since I have both front and rear, I can only tell you about what having both feels like. Keep in mind, I also have pink springs.

Bumps and potholes are a lot more noticeable. If you live in an area with alot of these, I probably wouldn't recommend this set up. As for rough asphalt/cement, the ride is still smooth (not like stock but still good). With that said, I thoroughly enjoy the setup and if you enjoy taking your car through the twisties, I would definitely recommend the swaybars.

Hope this helps!

MotoFanatic,

Harsher all the time(rough asphlat/cement) or just over bumps, potholes?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, I think I would install the swaybar later as it obviously brings harshness to the ride. My wife is very sensitive, and now she is pegnant(that's the why I changed from Accord SIR-T to a 2.5i wagon:icon_tong ), the swaybar has to wait for a few months:)

The pinks spring has a comfy ride that comes very close to stock is definitely a surprise i think I would consider that too:icon_bigg the stock spring is just too high:icon_tong lowering the car by one inch would be nice I think.

York,

As far as the 'wife' test, I can understand, given that she is pregnant. That might not be the best idea...but as far as the girlfriend test...I passed. She hardly noticed that they were there (except maybe when going over large bumps, which I try to avoid...). Nonetheless...good luck with the baby (when it arrives)....oh, and by the way, I don't have the pink springs...just regular stock springs/struts.

Thanks, inthedeck.

I am sure the harshness only occurs when hitting big bumps or running on any unsatisfying road condition, but sadly the overall road condition of my area(HONGKONG) is poor, and after the many tries I had made on the accord SIR-T(my last car in the past 5 years), I am cautious about adding anything to the suspension system. But who knows, maybe I will change the sway bars next week, its always tempting to make the car cornering better.

Some guys complaining the cusco sway bar having problem with the endlink ..etc, I am not sure what's going on, any idea? have you encounted the same problem?

I have the whitelines on mine and I like them a lot. Problem is that since I got in my little accident I am now getting a clunking sound under my car during strange times while driving. I don't think they were there before the accident but then again I only had the front on for one day before it happened.

I am hoping it is just a little loose and all I have to do is tighten the front bar back down a little on the endlinks and I will be good. Otherwise I might remove it and run rear only. Although I like having both bars

I installed the cusco swaybar F/R today....I have a weak mind, tempted by the dark side of the force......the ride over poor road condition does get poor, not by much but quite obvious. I think this is more obvious on my 2.5i wagon than on the GT models that you guys have. Anyway my wife didn't complain so I consider the ride is still ok(of course I didn't tell her anything) About the handling improvement, man, I am in heaven. Serious body roll has gone, I go faster and faster in corners, i couldn't help it but keep stepping on the gas, it feels great. No regret. Must have item.

Touch wood, no strange sound after the installation of the swaybar.

Thanks guys for your advice.

thanks, inhedeck, since mine is just a 2.5i, I could only have fun in corners, at reasonable speed without my family in the car of course :p its nice to have a car which is practical for family and fun when drives alone.

are you going to install the cusco lower bars as well?

I already have them installed (both F/R)...I did a review on those as well...it's somewhere, in the suspension forum. The suspension is really nice and tight...just that it makes more noise than it used to, up front anyway. But, in another 10K or so miles, I might just have to get a set of coilovers...I don't think the stockers will hold up to NYC streets for much to long with all these additional parts.

And yes, even though it's a non-GT version, corners can still be made fun...you don't need tons of power for that (it's more of a nice to have).

Enjoy...!

• 3 weeks later...
Not that I know of...and I did not notice any irregular behavior after the install. In fact, the steering wheel is now closer to center, for some reason...?! The car doesn't pull in any one direction...so nothing out of the ordinary.

I also have cusco f/r lower are bars waiting to go on the car...just have to find the time (or the right shop) to install them. With those, there is less chance that one will need an alignment...but of course, you can get it aligned after those pieces go in, and should be good to go for a while.

And I think that Rallitek has the lowest prices on the bar...so give them a call, or send them a PM. I haven't been able to find a lower price than 139.99 for each F/R bar. If you can, well, then go ahead and do it...it's definartely worth it, imho.

Hello, I finally got my sway bars in today via my mechanic.

Damn! It feels good! Now the car hardly breaks sweat while cornering fast.

Very pleased with this mod.:icon_bigg

• 2 months later...

Sounds like larger FSB decreases oversteer. I'd like a little more oversteer and debating 1) AVO RSB + stock FSB verses 2) Cusco FSB & RSB.

1) Does Cusco FSB & RSB (both are larger than stock) = more oversteer than stock, even though FSB is bigger?

2) Any opinions on just AVO RSB (20 mm)?

Thanks

Some people notice a 'clunk' with the larger front SB...so you might just like the RSB (doesn't matter which one). The RSB gets rid of the understeer...so that might be the option to stick with. There's three that I know of...JDM RSB, CUSCO, and Whiteline. With just the rear one, you can totally feel a difference. With the addition of the FSB, the car is basically pretty neutral...to met at least...but again, it may cause some excessive noise/vibrations that some aren't comfortable with.

• 2 weeks later...

cuscos f+r went in yesterday. this is a no-brainer upgrade. install took less than 2 hours for both and the car feels 100% better. turn in is much quicker and the car is much closer to neutral with just a hint of understeer. no clunks, no surprises. stock endlinks for now...stock ride height.

wheels/tires coming next.

cuscos f+r went in yesterday. this is a no-brainer upgrade. install took less than 2 hours for both and the car feels 100% better. turn in is much quicker and the car is much closer to neutral with just a hint of understeer. no clunks, no surprises. stock endlinks for now...stock ride height.

wheels/tires coming next.

When you say a hint of understeer, do you have less understeer than stock? I'd like to decrease the stock understeer slightly.

Just put mine on this weekend! (non-adjustable f/r cusco... sizes??? 23 front / 21 rear ??? Maybe??? anyway they are blue!!!) I also installed pink springs at the same time! No endlinks as of yet! But, I had no issues with clunking! When would they happen?

Thanks,

Mark

the clunks, I mean! When would one typically hear clunking, as described by many when rolling on lowered springs with upgraded swaybars? During turning hard, accelerating hard, etc???

Over bumps, and stuff like that.

I had the bars tightened this weekend, alongside the F/R Lower arm bars, and that seems to have made a bit of a difference...so maybe I will replace the front endlinks anyway...as soon as weather permits.

Later.

Archived