LegacyGT.com

5 Years Later, Finally Replaced the LGT with an SC'd Corvette

I used to be a regular on here back in the day as you can see in the thread below...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tommypenguins-maintenance-repair-thread-112966.html

I had a highly modded LGT that I was daily driving around 20k a year at the time. I never had a major repair on it despite doing over at least 1500 3rd gear red line pulls running 20+psi on an FP Green and 68HTA.(That is not an exaggeration), but found it became too much maintenance troubleshoot issues to daily drive. I replaced my LGT with a 2010 Accord Coupe that I still daily drive and have modded mildly by Suby standards. If you want to read how my experience has been with that car you can read up in this thread...

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41129

I just picked up a sight unseen 01 Supercharged Corvette and had it shipped to me from a corvette forum owner, it has the following mods....

-243 C5 Z06 ported heads with PSI beehive springs

-Thunder Racing cam (220/220 .561/.561 114 LSA)

-FAST 92 intake manifold

-LS2 throttle body

-60 lbs. Injectors

-A&A SC with 3.6 pulley running 7.8psi at peak

-LPE fuel pump and boost a pump

-190 degree DYI thermostat

-PCV oil catch can

-FLP header with high flow cats, x-pipe

-GHL magnum catback

-East Coast Supercharging (ECS) rear end with 3.90 gears

-Fidanza 6.5 dual clutch

-RSD C6 Z06 snap shifter

-DBA cross-drilled/slotted rotors

-Hawk HPS pads

-Bilstein sport shocks

-C6 Z51 sway bars

-20"CCW wheels in the rear 19" in the front.

There are other mods but those are the performance related ones worth mentioning. The car made 610whp/533wtq before spinning on the dyno 200rpms before red line when I got tuned on 91octane+Meth.

It is great to have a toy again, it has been almost 5 years since I had my LGT but I never forgot how much I enjoy the feeling of being shot into the back of my seat. I will post up some pics after I detail it this weekend. For now I have a video to post of the car being delivered to my house my wife took with my iphone. Good times.:)

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tommypenguin/photo_zpsb9ddb44e.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWWWW HELL YEAH BUDDY!

What an awesome video. You have been extremely patient and diligent on your search and this is exactly what you said you wanted 5 years ago. So great to see the smile on your face and even better to hear that support from your wife. Sometimes that is the hardest part.

CONGRATULATIONS!

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Now we just got to find someone local who wants to get some pics and video of two local former heavily modded ~350whp LGT guys who converted to heavily modded supercharged domestic ~600whp V8 guys playing around and staying out of trouble. Maybe Dave (cryo) would be up for that. Plus, we could swap cars a bit too. I really want to drive his SWP STi.

My '05 LGT

Now we just got to find someone local who wants to get some pics and video of two local former heavily modded ~350whp LGT guys who converted to heavily modded supercharged domestic ~600whp V8 guys playing around and staying out of trouble. Maybe Dave (cryo) would be up for that. Plus, we could swap cars a bit too. I really want to drive his SWP STi.

TP- Very nice to see you take delivery, I remember you pming me about this. Looks very nice and I'm sure its a blast to drive. Congrats

Legend - Yeah we still need to get together to switch cars for a cruise, The STi is not "fast" by any account at stage 2 compared to the old LGT but it drives very nice, has power when I need it and handles like a go cart.

I have a Canon HDLR and have been wanting to find an excuse to get some scenic pic's of the STi so we could set up something for all three.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks guys, it's been too fun having the car. My wife has been very excited for it, no way I would have gotten the car without her being supportive of it. If work and school didn't keep getting in the way I would be taking the car out everyday this week.

That would be a lot of fun to get together. We could cruise on some roads outside the metro area and enjoy the our cars a little bit more than usual while getting some pics. I'm not sure what weekend would work best to coordinate it, slammed with family functions, vacation, and homework for another 5 weeks or so. If you guys are available we could try and get together on a weekend in August, I'm still down south in Parker but could meetup wherever.

Video made me smile too. Your smile is infectious. Congrats.

Can you lower a Corvette? Is there mag-ride? Can you monkey with that? Needs moar lower. Enjoy it. Looks like fun.

Nick and Dave (and other locals), the Lafayette Cars and Coffee is this weekend. It is 1000x better than the Denver one. This one draws a lot more exotics and really cool modern cars. My buddy with a 911 and I will be crusing over together leaving from Westminster. Either of you want to joing up with us either ahead of time for a little driving or meet up there? I'd love to have you join us... Here is a youtube video of the May event:

My '05 LGT

What day is it and what time are you guys leaving? Let me know and I can take a look at what we have going.

Dave

It starts at 8am, so I'm thinking we can meet up at the Legacy Ridge Golf Course around 730am and cruise over from there. Early enough to do a fun car event and still have the whole weekend ahead of us.

My '05 LGT

Wish I could make it, doesn't look like your everyday kind of car meet. I'm an early bird and the time isn't bad but I have to take my dad to the airport Saturday morning. Does this meet recur first weekend of each month?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys, gotten to spend some quality time with the car over the last couple weeks. I replaced the supercharger serpentine belt earlier this week. That was a PITA, my power locks went out on the driver side door, so I had to take apart the circuit board, desolder/solder some new relays in. The two cost me a total of 37$ to do on my own.

Aside from that everything is going well. I ordered Z06 rear brake duct vents that will require me to drill and cut a section out of my side skirt. The thought of cutting the body panel makes me want to vomit, but it will be worth it. Here is a picture of the rear with the LED installed but not turned on, the car is a little dirty for my liking but its been hard to find a day to wash it this summer given all the ray we've had.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tommypenguin/photo4_zps48344d3f.jpg

Good idea replacing the SC belt! I did mine this spring too which was very easy thanks to a nice tensioner pulley. That car is very beautiful... still can't wait to see it. Geesh nice job on the lock repair... pretty slick!

My '05 LGT

Good idea replacing the SC belt! I did mine this spring too which was very easy thanks to a nice tensioner pulley. That car is very beautiful... still can't wait to see it. Geesh nice job on the lock repair... pretty slick!

I wish the belt would have been easily accessible with a hydraulic tensioner like on every other car. Had to partially remove the SC to get access needed to slip the old belt off and get the new belt on. Took 3 hours to do.:rolleyes:

Never had done a thing with a circuit board in my life, so that was a fun project doing that job. Going to get an aftermarket head unit for the stereo, some gloss black vinyl wrap on the rear bumper fascia and call it good till next year. I'm parting out my engine performance mods on my honda soon to fund the mods on the vette. I love my honda but it doesn't bring any joy from accelerating since I got the vette.

Got 3 weeks to go in my class but should be able to meet up soon. Spoke to Enthusiast this week and if he is available I would take him with to the meet up, have an old school LGT reunion.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I grew a pair a cut two holes in my car. Easily the most mentally challenging install I have ever done. But I have one of the vents mounted up and the other will be tomorrow. More pics to come after I put the car back together and clean the fiberglass dust off of it.

10506658_10154550145430486_6421545193146345393_o.jpg

Well, I grew a pair a cut two holes in my car. Easily the most mentally challenging install I have ever done. But I have one of the vents mounted up and the other will be tomorrow. More pics to come after I put the car back together and clean the fiberglass dust off of it.

10506658_10154550145430486_6421545193146345393_o.jpg

very nice, make sure to post pics once its all put back together.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Archived