LegacyGT.com

wide body?

Damn, is that ever SEKSY...that RULZ! ! ! I would love to see a kit but the issue with something like that is that it would definitely take a professional body shop that specializes in custom work to really make something like that really fit. The front fenders, rocker panel skirts, front end bumper cover and parts, are not too difficult but morphing the rear widebody fenders on to the existing body panels and making them fit and look like that car, like they belong, is truly art.

I would love to see that on a sedan because I would bet that it would be looking like a Trans-Am car and think of the 11" wide +25 offset wheels you could fit on that baby....things that make you go Hmmmmmm.........:);)

the 11" wide +25 offset wheels you could fit on that baby....things that make you go Hmmmmmm.........:);)

That Hmmmmmmmm would be your wheel bearings, sir.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Been thinking of making some abs wide body flares at work(vacuum forming.) But a little nervous about cutting most the metal off to mount them. They would look like a rocketbunny for a frs, not just simple flares.

Could you just buy some used fenders or maybe junkyard pull offs to use as guinea pigs rather than using your own car? Maybe make some that you could fit over the top on take off fenders and then play with them to make them fit exactly the way you want. That way, you're not out anything except the cost of the fenders and I wouldn't even cut anything until you had them fitting the body lines correctly as you would want.

Now, the rears...................:spin:

if you are going to do it, at least put carbon fiber flares on it.

Another option would be "tub" the rears and go inboard a bit. Getting rear camber is hard without running into the inside fenderwell.

For the sedan option, google "subaru legacy gt300". If that doesn't make you drool, call 911 immediately, you maybe dead.

• 3 months later...

Archived