LegacyGT.com

Brake Recommendations...Decisions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I put my foot in my mouth on the other thread stating I had the craftsman flare nut wrenches. I actually have KOBALT wrenches and I now remember why... They are a little beefier than the craftsman wrenches but do cost a bit more. I now recall reading GTeaser and others commenting on having to use a set of vise grips with thier wrench so I made sure to get the beefiest wrenches I could find short of going Snap-on or MAC which cost a ridiculous amount.

Just a word of forewarning, with corrosion it is really easy to strip the hardlines nuts. If you destroy one you have to buy an entirely new set of brake hardlines (whole car) as it's one part number. The availability is abysmal. There was one set in the entire country when I went through that ordeal.

10mm I believe, but having a set with an 8mm is useful if you work on more than just the Legacy. http://m.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-3-Piece-Flare-Nut-Polished-Chrome-Metric-Wrench-Set/50124445 Here's the set I got specific for the Legacy even though the small one is the only one I use, there isn't an 8mm in the set but that's only good for some bleeders and I have a MAC one my pops has had since before my existence that stays in my motorcycle roadside kit, the others will come in handy one day if you are ever working on any kind of plumbing. But for $13.99 it's worth the extra 2 wrenches you may never use.

Archived