LegacyGT.com

So I come across an F430...

I'm driving along a two lane road (one lane north, one lane south), and I see this car come flying from far away. The car then rides my ass and I can't see what kind it is from the bright headlights. He pulls out and passes me, then I notice it is a yellow Ferrari F430! The road up ahead opened up to a two lane south, and the light was red...in order to not get X-rated for Tide, I'll let your minds fill in the blanks. :cool:

so what you are "saying" is you beat him huh?:rolleyes: NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Subastew:

Went to the track just to introduce n00bs to forced injection at altitude AND the Subaru Legacy GT. Was lining up for my first run of the night solo, when out of nowhere this OMGOMGDROOLOMGOMG bright yellow F430 pulls up in the other lane. LET's GET IT ON!

Revved up to...

-B

Subastew:

Went to the track just to introduce n00bs to forced injection at altitude AND the Subaru Legacy GT. Was lining up for my first run of the night solo, when out of nowhere this OMGOMGDROOLOMGOMG bright yellow F430 pulls up in the other lane. LET's GET IT ON!

Revved up to...

-B

So how'd it turn out???

I saw a red F430 a few weeks ago in a couple towns over from me (a very wealthy town obviously). To be honest, though it is an extremely crazy car, I think the 360's and the 355's both look better. It seemed very un-Ferrari-esque to me, like the Enzo. When you compare the F40 and F50 to the new Enzo it seems like the Enzo is lacking some REAL Ferrari in the aestheics section. Same goes for the F430. But thats just my 2 cents.;)

I had a 360 cut me off a few days ago.. damn bitch was driving it, yapping on a cell phone the whole time. Just because you've got an eleventybillion dollar italian set of wheels your sugah-daddy gave you doesn't give you the right to merge into my less than 1 month old LGT. I was so mad!

What got me even madder was that when I honked her, I couldn't even HEAR my own horns over the roar of that Ferrari's engine.

Sorry to rant... but yeah, the 430's a sweet car.

I saw a red F430 a few weeks ago in a couple towns over from me (a very wealthy town obviously). To be honest, though it is an extremely crazy car, I think the 360's and the 355's both look better. It seemed very un-Ferrari-esque to me, like the Enzo. When you compare the F40 and F50 to the new Enzo it seems like the Enzo is lacking some REAL Ferrari in the aestheics section. Same goes for the F430. But thats just my 2 cents.;)

What are you talking about?

All the new Ferraris look more than enough to be a Ferrari.

Oh, wait, that was your 2 cents.

I had a 360 cut me off a few days ago.. damn bitch was driving it, yapping on a cell phone the whole time. Just because you've got an eleventybillion dollar italian set of wheels your sugah-daddy gave you doesn't give you the right to merge into my less than 1 month old LGT. I was so mad!

What got me even madder was that when I honked her, I couldn't even HEAR my own horns over the roar of that Ferrari's engine.

Sorry to rant... but yeah, the 430's a sweet car.

That would have pissed me off too. I get enough of that with the trendites that drive SUV's and forget to look before they change lanes. Grrrr! Ya know, if I had too much money, I don't know if I would buy an F430 or an Aston Martin Vanquish. I also wonder if driving a $200,000 car would give me a God complex. Stuff to think about.

Gooooo LGT!

I have a serious crush on the Ferrari F430 Coupe. SOOO Hot, Want to touch the fender... [/sandler] For as ubiquitous as Rosso Corsa Red is on ferraris, it really is the best color on this car.

I don't like the disjointed look of the enzo, and I did't like the underdeveloped look of the 360. The 308, 328, 355, and 288 GTO are some of the best mid engine sports car designs ever. The 348 stands out as a blah interlude in there... The 550/575 and now the 612 scaglietti are all varying degrees of OK-to-pretty-good. The 456 was kinda ugly.

Personally, I think the 430 has it ALL OVER the 360. The front end of the 360 was disjointed with two trapezoidal intakes. and the wide light housings with various size round lights. I don't like that treatment on the 550/575 either. The single projector, single indicator narrow housing is interesting, and slick. The shark-nose look from the old 50's formula open-wheel racer is really cool, and resolves the front end so much better.

The side-window profile is the same as the 360, and still looks nice. More modern than the flat-beltline of the 355 and previous cars. I always loved the glass on the rear engine cover of the 360/430. Much more aerodynamic, and puts the work-of-art engine on display. I almost wish we could see more of it.

The Enzo effect can really be seen in the tail, and that isn't so bad. That is one area where the enzo isn't so bad. (the middle of the enzo between the wide fenders is what ruins the flow of the design, but form took a WAY back seat to function there.)

The exposed-cylinder tail lights look pretty good. It is nice for something new with the traditional double round theme. I can't wait to see how they modify the rear bumper with the 430 Challenge Stradale to open up the rear bumper with mesh panels to cool the engine bay better... that might well spice things up a bit more!

The side shoulder intakes look much more purposeful now, like they actually are big enough to do something. The swept angles of the lower front bumper extractors, and the intakes in front of the rear wheels look very slick, and very effective, as does the new rear diffuser.

The Manettino switch on the steering wheel has to be the coolest feature evAr, though. One-switch adjustment of every system on the car. Traction control, brake bias and anti-lock threshold, throttle rate, e-gear differential settings, transmission shift points AND gearchange speed on a true manual trans with a clutch, but without a clutch pedal.

That's good stuff. I hear they will make a few 6MT h-gate cars, but I can see why 80+ percent of these will have the F1 transmission. Considering how well the prancing horse folks do with the F1 programming and design, I can imagine that their electronic systems are quite effective without being super-nanny overseers.

The kicker... Supposedly the 430 is quicker and better balanced than the v12 575. Noice!

some pics to drool over...

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/f43010.jpg

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/f4304.jpg

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/f4303.jpg

http://www.fast-autos.net/ferrari/f4307.jpg

Archived