LegacyGT.com

Ready for STAGE 3 tune...Any Advice? Listed Mods

I would say look into some bigger injectors. The stock injectors will leave you a bit short of 300 hp (maybe ~280whp). You chose the perfect turbo for 300 hp, should make a fun DD. Oh, and if your old VF40 is for sale, PM me because I could use it.

I would say look into some bigger injectors. The stock injectors will leave you a bit short of 300 hp (maybe ~280whp). You chose the perfect turbo for 300 hp, should make a fun DD. Oh, and if your old VF40 is for sale, PM me because I could use it.

Ya injectors were my next concern. Any suggestions on size and brand?

I've heard there are some questions regarding the Grimmspeed AOS. Make sure you search here for some details before you put it on your car. Yes, bigger injectors. 750 or 850 should do nicely.

Does the DW255 need to be modified to fit the LGT housing? The DW65c fits without mod, but I'm not sure about the 255. Presumably, it can be made to work though.

Edit: Deatschworks for sidefeed (what you have from the factory and presumably, what matches the TGV deletes you got). Injector Dynamics for top feed.

Do you have a tuner in mind? BrenTuning can e-tune using the AP. That's who dynotuned my stage 2 and will be doing my stage 3. Very solid tunes. Also doing great work are Cryo Tuning, Tuning Alliance, and that new guy from Infamous has a pretty great resume. Enjoy!

I've heard there are some questions regarding the Grimmspeed AOS. Make sure you search here for some details before you put it on your car. Yes, bigger injectors. 750 or 850 should do nicely.

Does the DW255 need to be modified to fit the LGT housing? The DW65c fits without mod, but I'm not sure about the 255. Presumably, it can be made to work though.

Edit: Deatschworks for sidefeed (what you have from the factory and presumably, what matches the TGV deletes you got). Injector Dynamics for top feed.

Do you have a tuner in mind? BrenTuning can e-tune using the AP. That's who dynotuned my stage 2 and will be doing my stage 3. Very solid tunes. Also doing great work are Cryo Tuning, Tuning Alliance, and that new guy from Infamous has a pretty great resume. Enjoy!

The DW200 is a drop in and I believe the Zerolift tgv deletes are top feed like the oem tgv's. Going with Cryotuning as I have heard great things about them and I have been talking with Dave there. As for the AOS havent heard anything bad, only that there only good to about 350hp. What have you heard?

The 05 LGT is sidefeed injectors. Top feeds are OEM on the wrx and sti, I believe. No big deal if you got top feed tgvs other than you need to do a topfeed conversion to use them. Needs new injectors and I think fuel rails, but search here for the conversion threads for the details. In which case, I'd say Injector Dynamic 850s (think that's the smallest size).

I forget what the issue was with the AOS and I'm not finding the problem in a cursory search ... sorry about the worthless info.

The DW 65C is the drop in you'd want, and I would strongly recommend going that route. From what I've heard about the GrimmSpeed AOS there have been situations where it caused oil starvation during auto-x events. Honestly you're probably better off selling that and going with a bigger set of injectors.

Definitely no Auto-xing here. So yes the tgv deletes I got are top feed not knowing I need side. O well I guess, so just getting a top feed conversion kit is all I need? Agency powers kit looks good but no injectors and T1's kit also looks nice and comes with injector dymanic injectors, which I like these. Anyone have either one? And what did you do for fuel lines and FPR?

If you don't think you'll go with a larger turbo I wouldn't do the TGV deletes, they will shift power a little to the right, and are a solid amount of work.

OEM fuel lines and FPR are completely fine for DW850's and the DW65c. Fuel would be a nice addition, I'd skip the TGVs and keep it simple with side feed 850's and the direct fit DW65c pump.

The GS AOS isn't a bad idea, but mostly a bling item, don't expect it to do much, but do expect it to potentially cause issues on the track if you ever do that.

Also, unless your inlet tube is cracked or torn, don't bother replacing it, it's a pita that will not net you gains unless yours is damaged and leaking. You could also see a little better throttle/boost response with some sort of intake on a 16g, but it isn't necessary.

If you don't think you'll go with a larger turbo I wouldn't do the TGV deletes, they will shift power a little to the right, and are a solid amount of work.

OEM fuel lines and FPR are completely fine for DW850's and the DW65c. Fuel would be a nice addition, I'd skip the TGVs and keep it simple with side feed 850's and the direct fit DW65c pump.

The GS AOS isn't a bad idea, but mostly a bling item, don't expect it to do much, but do expect it to potentially cause issues on the track if you ever do that.

Also, unless your inlet tube is cracked or torn, don't bother replacing it, it's a pita that will not net you gains unless yours is damaged and leaking. You could also see a little better throttle/boost response with some sort of intake on a 16g, but it isn't necessary.

Well I screwed up on the tgv deletes as I thought I did enough research to determine I needed top feed style and I already purchased them. Regardless top or side I am doing tgv delete. I found a full 07+ oem sti top feed fuel lines and FPR setup, would this bolt on with just injector upgrade? My inlet tube was torn thats why I got the perrin, guess it happened when the VF52 was installed prior to me owning it. It was also coated alot with oil from pvc system, why I bought AOS and new pvc.

Hey there,

The DW65C would be the best option for you when it comes to drop in replacements.

If you are looking to do the top feed conversion the ID1000 kit is hard to beat with the T1 fuel line kit. This is what quite a few of my customers have been doing for the reliability of top feed but keep in mind that at stock fuel pressures the ID1000's flow at about 920cc's. They are designed to flow more as fuel pressure is raised so they can flow more but will still flow way more than you need even if you decide to go e85 in the future.

Side feed injectors are an option as well since a LOT of people have been using side feeds and making good power, its just not the ideal setup and is a little more prone for failure compared to top feed but keep in mind all 04-07 FXT's,05-06 LGT's and 04-07 stis are using this same setup so there are a ton of cars using the side feed setup with success. The DW850's are the sidefeed size of choice on e85 but you could use dw740's if you plan on running gas alone.

The tgv deletes will not hurt anything, they just may not be 100% needed for your setup.

I can get you pricing on any setup your looking at if going new so just let me know. Just figured I would chime in. Hope this helps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Ok guys been doing non-stop research all morning with what I believe will work for custom fuel lines. Got my info ideas from this link http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/t1-id-1000-plumbing-options-145310.html

Using the Earl's -6an to #6 O-ring Ano-Tuff AN Port Adapter (in the link above from ANplumbing.com) coming off the T1 fuel rails to these fittings I found on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/161263599402?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT to this nylon braided fuel line http://www.ebay.com/itm/190651023367?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT order about 10ft of it, Plumbing all of it back to the OEM lines with fuel clamps on the drivers strut tower location. Would this work? All for about $135 bucks.

You are going to need a good wideband O2 to tune with Aftermarket Fueling. Cryo is just finishing up my stage 3.5 car, excellent tuner and stand up guy. I've had great luck with the PLX SM-AFR v3 Wideband and I have a custom version of RR to support the new protocol.

You are going to need a good wideband O2 to tune with Aftermarket Fueling. Cryo is just finishing up my stage 3.5 car, excellent tuner and stand up guy. I've had great luck with the PLX SM-AFR v3 Wideband and I have a custom version of RR to support the new protocol.

I have an AEM wideband. Can't this be done through the Cobb access port?

Just ordered the T1 fuel rails and 1000cc injectors from Dave at cryo so then I can get the wideband wired up for monitering AFR for him. Can't wait... Thanks bren for the link it will help out a lot.

Just wanted to add in on my custom fuel lines for the T1 rails. Did some digging and found out that the T1 fuel line kit you can purchase is made with Red Horse AN fitting and hose for the low price of $250 bucks. Well, you can purchase all the necessary Red horse fittings and hose on ebay for half the price so you can custom make the fuels lines to your desired length as well as making it a parallel setup and you can add an inline filter as well for $20 extra bucks. Making the custom AN fitting lines is actual super easy. Waiting to here back from a seller on ebay for a final shipped priced with 10ft of hose. Should be around $125. I will post a link to his page when I here back from him.

hey lingling1337 I will post some pictures of the finished lines, probably will be a few week though.

I'd say check out my build thread for what works for 335wtq, however, you already started ordering parts.

Giving the parts you have, I'd upgrade to a 6mt with front diff & dccd pro. It's the one mod I never did, and regret it nearly every day. I've rebuilt my 5mt once and then replaced it. All that power is going to be hard on the stock 5mt.

With regard the Grimmspeed AOS. Either don't use it or get the Crawford product. I have the grimmspeed and found it useless.

With all that power, are you sure the internals of your engine are solid? 130k miles on a stock block and then add all this without upgrading the internals is asking for a grenade. You have been warned.

When you get it tuned, try to get a flat torque curve rather than a peaked one. It'll be way more fun. Also, the FMIC will cause the peak to be much higher in the rpm band meaning you'll need to drive in the 4500-5500 rpm range to take full advantage of the power. Harder and noisier than you would think.

I'd replace the catless DP with a catted DP. the extra smell is not worth it, especially if you have 3" exhaust all the way.

With the extra power, you may want to upgrade your suspension. Otherwise your ride will be bouncy with lots of delay before takeoff.

....With all that power, are you sure the internals of your engine are solid? 130k miles on a stock block and then add all this without upgrading the internals is asking for a grenade. You have been warned.....

You're scaring me. I am in exactly the same place. My stock turbo grenaded at Christmas and I upgraded to a 16G with all the extras except for the injectors & pump which are ordered. Installation and retune for those in the next week or two. Still have stock TMIC.

Over 130K and 300ish hp am I seriously looking at blowing this Boxer up?:confused:

Archived