LegacyGT.com

Calling all P-Zero Nero owners

Taxdude

So I have heard that they P-zero flat spots. Is this in all weather conditions or only in the winter? If it is in winter only is your car garage kept or does it live outside? How cold does it have to get to flat spot?

Thanks

I've had them a few months, and when the car sits for like 10-14hrs, they will flat spot ever so slightly. This is in NJ, so it does it even in warmer weather. Perhaps in the cold winter temps it is most noticeable, because it takes that much longer to warm them up sufficiently. I commute 90 miles a day, and it's predominantly highway, so I feel them for only about 1-2 minutes.

The best that I could describe it, is it feels like your driving over tiny pebbles. It goes away fairly rapidly when your tires get some temp into them, though.

We'll see how they do in our winter, cause my car sits outside. But unless it is something really terrible, it would not stop me from buying these again! It really hasn't been an issue for me at all.

One other thought I have is, if perhaps increasing the tire psi, would help combat the flat spotting? I run 36/34 F & R respectively. I'll try running like 39/37 and see what happens.

I had a thread on this. I park outside. Got the tires in January and live in the northeast. It feels like small speed bumps until it warms up, usually within 4-5 miles. I find it annoying but otherwise they are great tires. I run 37/35 F & R. No problems when the temp is above 70 degrees. Worst at around freezing.

Mine only flat spot in the winter time. BTW: the Dunlop SP5000s that I have on my WRX during the winter months flat spot as well. However, not as much as the Pzero Neros. The flat spotting goes away after 2-3 miles.

Archived