LegacyGT.com

FX350 Slipping With 15k

JermTheElf

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spec 2+ has no chatter at all, pedal feels lighter the CM FX350... Drives like normal and nice and grabby. Can't comment on holding power yet as I'm breaking it in and not giving it WOT. Wish I got this from the get go.

Strange I had a single mass wrx flywheel in there and ordered the SU203H Spec 2+ clutch (for 2006 wrx). The mechanic said the flywheel in there is a dual mass. Maybe he has his terminology mixed up.

I'm going with the spec 2+ also. Even if clutch masters sends me a new one for free.

Jerm - Thanks for the initial review, I'll be intersted in how everything breaks in. If you dont mind me asking. Where did you get your's?

My mechanic got it through his retailer. I'm at around 200 miles now, I love it. No issues, much better than CM.

Glad to hear its fine. How many miles now ?

In a few month's let us know if it begins to howl in 1st gear, that's normal. Even my Spec 2 has begun to do it.

BTW it has 35,000 miles on it and will still smoke all 4 tire. Did that the other day after waiting to cross a double lane road in traffic. LOL lots of tire smoke.

Still have the snow tires on, going to use them up over the next month or so.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Glad to hear its fine. How many miles now ?

In a few month's let us know if it begins to howl in 1st gear, that's normal. Even my Spec 2 has begun to do it.

BTW it has 35,000 miles on it and will still smoke all 4 tire. Did that the other day after waiting to cross a double lane road in traffic. LOL lots of tire smoke.

Still have the snow tires on, going to use them up over the next month or so.

Around 500 miles now.

I had an ACT break a release finger on the PP after 40K miles...

Had mine do the same thing recently, with more miles than you had, so I can't complain TOO much. Replaced it with an FX300 - much nicer with the lighter pedal!

My fx350 is now slipping in all gears but first as soon as I start making boost. It seems to grab somewhat better in 2ed and 3ed if i get it heated up with aggessive driving. I'm thinking this weekend I will be putting in the spec. I'll get some pictures of it when I get it out.

My fx350 is now slipping in all gears but first as soon as I start making boost. It seems to grab somewhat better in 2ed and 3ed if i get it heated up with aggessive driving. I'm thinking this weekend I will be putting in the spec. I'll get some pictures of it when I get it out.

How many miles on the FX350 ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah, around 13 or 14 now. I was going to sell the car when I first noticed the slipping because im so sick of fixing stuff on this car, but now I have calmed down a bit and I just can't part with it :) . Going to put long overdue wheel bearings on also while its in the air. Hopefully the flywheel (that was new with this clucth) is ok.

Oh yeah, 40$ at local shop. Hopefully I can get it back the same day. When I say that I hope its ok, I just dont dont want it to look like my OE one when i took that out. Just found this pic.

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q700/gork138/flywheel_zpsde212cec.jpg

i see a hotspot or two in that pic
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Over the weekend I installed the spec 2+ and removed cmfx350. Iv put about 200 miles on it and so far so good (much better than the 350). I have pics of the fx350 I took out. Ill put them up and other info when I have more time.

Archived